Baked Carrot Cake Oatmeal - tastes like dessert, but healthy!
The days are getting cooler and shorter. Although I’m not too thrilled about the shorter days, I love the cooler days.
There is something special about fall. The crisp air, the leaves changing color, the smell of cinnamon, and pumpkin is everywhere.
From a fashion standpoint, I’m excited to get all my flannels and fall boots out.
I’m kicking off september with a delicious Baked Carrot Cake Oatmeal made with walnut milk.
It’s all the carrot cake flavor only healthier and in oatmeal form.
Hope you guys try this, it’s absolutely delicious! Enjoy!
Baked Carrot Cake Oatmeal
- Organic Carrots Grated – 1 cup
- Old-Fashioned Oats – 1 cup
- Baking Powder – ½ tsp
- Ground Cinnamon – 1 tsp
- Nutmeg – ⅛ tsp
- Salt – just a pinch
- Raisins – ¼ cup
- Walnuts – ½ cup, chopped… ¼ for batter, ¼ for topping
- Walnut Milk – 1 cup
- Organic Egg - 1
- Pure Vanilla – 1 tsp
- Pure Maple Syrup – 1 tbsp
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a baking pie dish with coconut spray.
- Grate carrots.
- Chop walnuts and split into half.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients… oats, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and half the chopped walnuts. Stir well and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the wet ingredients… carrots, raisins, walnut milk, egg, vanilla and maple syrup.
- Now add the wet ingredients to the dry. Stir well, but do NOT over mix.
- Pour the batter into the round baking pie dish.
- Top with the remaining walnuts.
- Into the oven for 30-40 minutes. Start checking at the 30 minute mark.
- Slice into 4 pieces and serve hot. Top with additional walnut milk, maple syrup and cinnamon as need be.
Pin for later!
What's your favorite cake in oatmeal form?