Some of you may have noticed that I have been traveling to Southern California quite a bit, and if you follow me on Instastories, you know “my secret” is no longer a secret.
Introducing “my friend” on Instastories was kinda a big deal for me since I’ve never done that before. So yes, this relationship is moving in a direction that I could have only dreamed of.
As someone who is from the east coast and wholeheartedly loves New York City, here’s a question for you, would you move 3000 miles across the country for love, and leave behind your family, friends, life, and New York?
Had it been in any other city (seriously), the move would have been a little easier on me, but how do I give up New York City? I never imagined I would meet someone outside the Tri-State.
Of course we all know SoCal is beautiful and the weather is perfect all year and everyone in California is so nice, yeah yeah yeah, but it’s not NYC. So how do I do this? I’m turning to those who have been through similar life experiences and can give me some advice.
And now here is the perfect meal that comforts me instantly – Creamy Steel Cut Oats. How did I do this? I blended up steel cut oats in a coffee grinder and then proceeded to cook them with milk and water for only 10 minutes. Not only is this oatmeal insanely creamy, but it’s also super easy & quick to make. Hope you guys try this while you ponder over my question. 🙁
Creamy Steel Cut Oats (healthy, high protein, high fiber, 7 ingredients)
- <b>for the oatmeal</b>
- Organic Steel Cut Oats - 1/2 cup, grinded
- Organic 1% Low-Fat Milk - 1 cup
- Water - 1 cup
- <b>for the toppings</b>
- <yoastmark class="yoast-text-mark" data-mce-bogus="1">Organic Banana - 1/2 banana, sliced</yoastmark>
- <yoastmark class="yoast-text-mark" data-mce-bogus="1">Organic Chia Seeds - 1 tsp</yoastmark>
- <yoastmark class="yoast-text-mark" data-mce-bogus="1">Vegan Granola - 1 tbsp</yoastmark>
- Honey Roasted Peanut Butter - dollop
- Grind 1/2 cup of oats - I used a coffee grinder.
- This is what you should have.
- Heat a pot on low-medium heat. Combine oats, milk, and water. Stir.
- Cook for 10 minutes, stirring in between. Once the oatmeal starts to bubble, turn off the stove.
- This is the texture you want. Creamy oats!
- Pour the creamy oats into a bowl.
- Top with your favorite toppings and serve immediately.
Pin for later!
How far would you move for love? Have you ever blended steel cut oats?