Clearly, this recipe is healthy, however feel free to add a tablespoon of melted butter to the egg batter for slight richness. A little butter around the holidays doesn’t hurt, coconut oil would work well too.
More Oatmeal Recipes
📖 Recipe Card
Apple Pie Baked Oatmeal
for the baked oatmeal
- 1 green granny smith apple, chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- ¼ cup raisins
- ½ cup pecans, chopped => add ¼ cup to the mix, add the remaining ¼ cup on top
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
for the additional toppings
- a splash unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- a dash ground cinnamon
- a drizzle maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9” x 5.5” x 2” baking dish. A 9” pie dish would work too.
- Chop the apple into smaller pieces.
- Add the apple to the baking dish and spread it out evenly.
- Chop the pecans. Set aside half the pecans for later.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the dry ingredients… oats, baking powder, ground cinnamon, salt and ¼ cup of pecans. Stir.
- Evenly distribute the dry ingredients over the chopped apple.
- In the same mixing bowl, add the wet ingredients… almond milk, egg, vanilla and maple syrup. Stir well.
- Pour the mixture over the baking dish. Spread it out evenly.
- Top the oatmeal with the remaining pecans.
- Into the oven for 40 minutes. Start checking the oatmeal around the 30 minute mark.
- Once done, serve with additional toppings.