Clearly, this recipe is healthy, however feel free to add a tablespoon of melted butter to the egg batter for slight richness. A little butter around the holidays doesn’t hurt, coconut oil would work well too.
Apple Pie Baked Oatmeal
- <b>for the baked oatmeal:</b>
- Organic Granny Smith Apple – 1, chopped into small pieces
- Organic Old-Fashioned Oats – 1 cup
- Baking Powder – ½ tsp
- Ground Cinnamon - 1 tsp
- Salt – just a pinch
- Raisins - ¼ cup
- Pecans – ½ cup, chopped => add ¼ cup to the mix, add the remaining ¼ cup on top
- Organic Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk – 1 cup
- Organic Egg – 1
- Pure Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
- Pure Maple Syrup – 1 tbsp
- <b>for the additional toppings:</b>
- Almond Milk – pour to your heart's desire
- Ground Cinnamon – a dash
- Maple Syrup – a little drizzle
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9” x 5.5” x 2” baking dish. A 9” pie dish would work too.
- Chop the apple into smaller pieces.
- Add the apple to the baking dish and spread it out evenly.
- Chop the pecans. Set aside half the pecans for later.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the dry ingredients… oats, baking powder, ground cinnamon, salt and ¼ cup of pecans. Stir.
- Evenly distribute the dry ingredients over the chopped apple.
- In the same mixing bowl, add the wet ingredients… almond milk, egg, vanilla and maple syrup. Stir well.
- Pour the mixture over the baking dish. Spread it out evenly.
- Top the oatmeal with the remaining pecans.
- Into the oven for 40 minutes. Start checking the oatmeal around the 30 minute mark.
- Once done, serve with additional toppings.
If you try this recipe, please leave a comment below and let me know how it turns out. Also, you can tag me on Instagram with the hashtag #honeywhatscooking.
Have you tried Baked Oatmeal? If so, what is your favorite combination of baked oatmeal?