Eggs or pancakes? Oh, I’m totally an eggs kinda gal.
Ordering pancakes at a restaurant is like eating dessert for brunch, not gonna happen, thus I usually stick with eggs for brunch because it’s a safer choice.
I won’t deny the fact that pancakes taste absolutely amazing when prepared with white flour and butter, they’re thick, soft and so fluffy, and while I’ll indulge in those sort of pancakes at home on occasion, it’s not a daily option.
I recently started testing out an old recipe I wrote about a few years ago – High Protein Banana Bread Pancakes which incorporates egg whites, cottage cheese, oats and banana.
Before you start getting all wary about the cottage cheese, you won’t taste it at all, trust me, but it gives these pancakes texture and adds a whole lot of protein.
I decided to re-work this recipe and take better pictures since my old photos hardly did this recipe any justice.
The High Protein Banana Bread Pancakes have a whopping 30 grams of protein and are extremely filling. I ended up eating these pancakes for breakfast and then the remainder pancakes for lunch.
Hope you guys try this one out because the prep time is just 5 minutes and they’re really yummy. Enjoy!
15 Minute Banana Bread Pancakes (healthy, high protein, refined sugar free, 7 ingredients or less, 100% whole grain)
- Organic Low-Fat Cottage Cheese - 1/3 cup
- Organic Egg Whites - 2
- Organic Banana - 1/2 a medium
- Pure Vanilla Extract - 1/2 tsp
- Organic Old-Fashioned Oats - 1/2 cup
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp
- Coconut Oil Spray - as needed
- In a blender/magic bullet, add the cottage cheese, egg whites, banana and vanilla. Blend until well combined.
- Add the oats and baking powder.
- Blend until well combined, do not over mix.
- This is what you should have.
- Heat up a cast-iron skillet or nonstick pan on medium heat, once hot, add oil or spray with oil. Then pour a 1/4 cup of the batter onto the skillet.
- Cook until bubbles form, about 1-2 minutes. Lift gently to check and then flip.
- Perfectly golden brown.
- Assemble. Top with fruits and pure drizzle maple syrup if desired.
Pin for later
How do you prepare your pancakes? What’s your goto recipe?