Delicious Blueberry Banana Acai Bowl
For the longest time I was pronouncing Acai as a-kha-ee.
And then I started calling it a-sa-ee.
It’s actually pronounced ah-sigh-ee.
I would never have known had I not Googled it.
Acai bowls have taken over Instagram. I’m amazed at the beautiful creations people come with, so much creativity and talent in this world.
Once I figured out what exactly acai was and where to buy it (hello, Trader Joe’s), I gave this delicious antioxidant berry a try.
Initially I was intimidated making my own Acai Bowl because I wasn’t sure about the portions, but there really isn’t a science to it, it’s like making a smoothie, but rather in bowl form.
The key to making an acai bowl is using either frozen acai and/or frozen fruit. The frozen goods give the bowl that soft ice-cream texture which is really a delight to eat especially after a good workout.
I started experimenting with different concoctions using Greek yogurt, almond milk, fruits, veggies, protein powder, and more.
To share with you is one of my favorite Acai Bowl combinations made with acai, blueberries and banana. Hope you guys love it as much as I did.
Blueberry Banana Acai Bowl (healthy, high protein, high fiber, antioxidants, gluten free, refined sugar free)
- <b>for the acai blend</b>
- Trader Joe's Unsweetened Organic Acai Puree - 1 3.52 ounce packet
- Organic Wild Frozen Blueberries - 1/4 cup
- Organic Banana - 1/2 medium
- Organic Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk - 1/4 cup
- Vanilla Protein Powder - 1 scoop optional
- <b>for the toppings</b>
- Organic Fresh Blueberries - about 1/4 cup
- Organic Granola - 1-2 tbsp
- Organic Banana - 5-6 slices
- Organic Kiwi - 4-5 slices
- Organic Chia Seeds - 1.5 tsp
- Almond Butter - 1 dollop
- The acai puree I used.
- In a food processor or blender, add the frozen acai puree and blueberries. Add fresh banana, almond milk and optional protein powder.
- Blend until well combined, about 30 seconds or so. This is what you should have.
- Add your toppings.
- Serve immediately.
** To cut down on fat, omit the almond butter.
*** To cut down on sugar, omit the fresh banana slices on top, this will save you about 11g of sugar.
**** For a more frozen consistency, use frozen bananas in the acai blend instead of fresh bananas.
Pin for later
Blueberry Banana Acai Bowl
How do you make your Acai Bowl? What toppings do you like?