Avocado Toast with Spinach & Egg is sauteed spinach over avocado toast topped with everything but the bagel seasoning.
Living alone these past few years I've gotten used to cooking healthy, quick and easy meals like this Avocado Toast with Spinach & Egg. As much as I love cooking, once I come home the last thing I want to do is spend an hour cooking for one. Hello, Eggs for Dinner!
Often times my single-girl meals don't make any sense since I find myself cleaning out the refrigerator and combining random ingredients into one dish. Ironically, that's how I inspire myself and come up with a new idea by accident which is how this scrumptious Avocado Toast with Spinach and Egg came about.
Sauteed spinach with extra virgin olive, salt, and black pepper sits atop a bed of Avocado Toast. Top it off with a fried egg and don't forget to add the new Trader Joe's Everything but the Bagel Seasoning. It tastes amazing, and just $2. I know!!! Life is good!
Can I make this toast gluten-free?
Absolutely! For a gluten-free option, simply use gluten-free bread.
Ingredients you'll need for Avocado Toast with Spinach & Egg
Bread: For this recipe, I used Ezekiel Bread which is flourless sprouted bread and healthier than regular bread.
Avocado: Make sure you use a ripe avocado.
Spinach: Use baby spinach sauteed in a little olive oil and seasoned with salt and black pepper.
Egg: Fry the egg on a cast-iron skillet for the best results. I recommend Lodge Castiron.
Everything but the Bagel Seasoning: This delicious seasoning blend is available at Trader Joe's, and I'm sure other grocery stores.
How to make Avocado Toast with Spinach & Egg step by step?
1. Heat up a cast-iron skillet on medium heat. Once hot, add extra virgin olive oil. Add fresh spinach.
2. Stir around. Season with black pepper and a little salt.
3. Spinach should be cooked in about 2-3 minutes. Turn off the stove. Set aside.
4. Now cook the eggs, heat up a cast-iron skillet on medium heat. Once hot, crack an egg one at a time.
5. Cook for a couple of minutes.
6. I prefer my eggs less runny, so I covered it with a lid.
7. Now assemble. Take 2 slices of toasted bread.
8. Top each toast with half the avocado.
9. Now top each toast with a generous amount of spinach.
10. Top with egg. One egg fell apart.
11. Top with Everything but the Bagel Seasoning Blend.
More Avocado Recipes!
- Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
- Cajun Shrimp Tacos with Avocado Cream Sauce
- Avocado Toast with Sauteed Mushrooms and Truffle Oil
- Cilantro Lime Avocado Rice
- Avocado Pesto Zucchini Noodles
- Quinoa Bread Avocado Toast
Avocado Toast with Spinach & EggVegetarian, Healthy, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free option
for the sauteed spinach
- 5 ounces organic spinach
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- to taste black pepper
- to taste salt
for the egg
- 2 teaspoon avocado oil
- 2 organic eggs
- Heat up a cast-iron skillet on medium heat. Once hot, add extra virgin olive oil. Add fresh spinach.
- Stir around. Season with black pepper and little salt.
- Spinach should be cooked in about 2-3 minutes. Turn off stove. Set aside
- Now cook the eggs, heat up a cast-iron skillet on medium heat. Once hot, crack an egg one at a time.
- Cook for a couple minutes.
- I prefer my eggs less runny, so I covered it with a lid.
- Now assemble. Take 2 slices of toasted bread.
- Top each toast with half the avocado.
- Now top each toast with a generous amount of spinach.
- Top with egg. One egg fell apart.
- Top with Everything but the Bagel Seasoning Blend.
dixya @food, pleasure, and health says
i have heard so much about that seasoning, i just need to make a trip there. love love egg + avocado combo. definitely my idea of lunch, breakfast, and dinner 😛
That seasoning is bomb, Dixya! And just $2. I can't get over how good it is. I want to add it to everything. I love the egg and avocado combo too. So easy when you're living alone. No hassles. 🙂
I need to try that seasoning blend! This looks great.
Thanks Nisha. Yes, head on to Trader Joe's, just $2. 🙂
Mary Kay says
Made a healthier less salt version and put salsa on it. Also used Dave's killer bread and blistered cherry tomatoes. Yum
Hi Nisha - I could have this for breakfast lunch or dinner! And I love that it uses everything I always keep on hand in my pantry and fridge anyway. Just bought four avocados today. Looking forward to trying this easy dish!
Thanks Allie. I love that seasoning, definitely one of the best inventions by Trader Joe's. Omg.. 4 avocados.. I hope they are not all ripe. LOL! 🙂
Erin | white plate blank slate says
And the fate of the avocado on my counter is sealed! This is breakfast tomorrow for me - I can''t wait!
Awww thanks Erin. So glad to hear that. Let me know how it turns out! 🙂
Thanks for sharing! 🙂