Make this delicious Quinoa Bread Avocado Toast within 30 minutes. So easy you won’t believe it.
When I first spotted this recipe on Nest & Glow, I was intrigued.
Quinoa Bread in a flash with a few ingredients, count me in.
Here’s my two cents… when you first try this Quinoa Bread, you’ll think to yourself, this isn’t bread, you’re right, it’s more like a flatbread.
The quinoa bread tastes just like quinoa, not appealing I know, but that’s why you have to flavor it just like you would with regular quinoa.
Enter Avocado Toast!
Once I slathered on some avocado along with cherry tomatoes, red onions, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, salt and black pepper, these flavors took my Quinoa Flatbread to another level.
I had had this delicious Quinoa Flatbread Avocado Toast for lunch and then a snack. Major fiber overload! Enjoy!
Quinoa Bread Avocado Toast (gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, healthy)
- <b>for quinoa bread</b>
- 3/4 cup organic white quinoa, uncooked
- enough water for soaking the quinoa
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup water, for blending
- <b>for the toppings</b>
- 1 avocado, mashed (you may need more)
- few cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- handful fresh parsley, chopped
- squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- salt & black pepper to taste
- In an 8" x 8" baking tray, spray with coconut oil, layer with parchment paper. Set aside.</br>
- Preheat the oven at 450 degrees.</br>
- Soak quinoa in ample water for 20 minutes.</br>
- Once done, drain the quinoa.</br>
- Add the quinoa, salt, cayenne pepper, baking powder and half cup of water to a hand blender, or you can use a blender.</br>
- Start blending.</br>
- This is what you should have.</br>
- Pour the batter into the baking tray.</br>
- Into the oven for 20 minutes.</br>
- Remove the parchment paper from the baking tray.</br>
- Place it back in the oven for 5-10 minutes. I baked mine for an additional 10 minutes which resulted in a slightly crunchy quinoa bread. I loved it.</br>
- Remove the quinoa bread from the oven and cut into 4-6 pieces.</br>
- Mash the avocado.</br>
- Spread the avocado on top of the quinoa bread, and add the remaining toppings. Enjoy!</br>
Pin Quinoa Bread Avocado Toast
Have you made quinoa bread? Have you tried store-bought quinoa bread?