Chipotle happens to be my favorite healthy fast-food restaurant, and I eat it for dinner on average once a week.
In particular, I’m so in love with their Cilantro Lime Brown Rice, and hence it’s no surprise my inspiration for this Cilantro Lime Avocado Rice comes from none other than Chipotle.
Healthy. Delicious. Scrumptious.
NUTRITION: Brown Rice is a good source of Protein and Fiber. Avocados are rich in Antioxidants and are a good source of Fiber, Folic Acid, and Vitamins B6, C, E and K. In addition, they help lower cholesterol and contain anti-cancerous properties. Jalapenos are a very good source Vitamin C and a good source of Fiber, Iron, and Vitamin A. Lime is an excellent source of Vitamin C. Cilantro is a good source of Vitamin C and contains small amounts of Vitamin E.
for the rice
- Basmati Brown Rice (uncooked) – 1 cup
- Water – 2 ¼ cups
- Salt – ½ tsp
for the avocado rice
- Avocado – 1 (mashed)
- Lime – juice of 1
- Lime Zest – zest of 1 lime
- Jalapeno – 1 (sliced, deseeded, finely chopped)
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Fresh Cilantro – ¼ cup (chopped)
- Cooked Basmati Brown Rice (from above)
1. Start by making the rice.
2. In the meantime, get all the ingredients for the avocado rice… zest the lime, chop the jalapeno, and chop the cilantro.
3. Mash the avocado in a bowl.
4. Season with ½ teaspoon of salt and juice of 1 lime.
5. Add the jalapeno and lime zest. Mix and set aside.
6. Once the rice is done. Scoop out the rice and transfer to a large bowl.
7. Top the hot rice with the cool avocado.
8. Using 2 spoons, mix the rice and avocado.
9. Top with fresh cilantro. Mix. Check for seasonings.
10. Serve immediately.
TELL ME: Have you ever tried Chipotle? Do you prefer their white rice or brown rice? What do you usually order at Chipotle?