Ina Garten is my favorite Food Network Chef, and I’ll use most products she recommends, such as “good vanilla” as she picks up that Nielsen-Massey Vanilla Extract and adds it to her dessert.
Thanks to Ina Garten, I became a huge fan of Nielsen-Massey products since they are gluten-free, gmo-free, all natural, and of course, good quality.
Smoothie Bowls are quite the sensation these days, and so I wanted to create a fruity, frozen, healthy summer treat that would be light, floral and refreshing. For this Rosewater Strawberry Smoothie Bowl, I used Neilsen-Massey’s Rose Water Extract.
Rose water is naturally sweet, fragrant, delicate, and so often overlooked. My inspiration for this smoothie bowl comes from the Indian dessert, Rose Falooda which is made with ice-cream and quite indulgent.
My creation, on the other hand, is light, refreshing and healthy. A smoothie bowl made with frozen banana, strawberries and creamy chia pudding.
A delicious, refreshing summer treat. Be sure to check out Nielsen-Massey’s Uses & Pairings and you will feel inspired by all their tips.
Also, for more recipe inspiration, follow Nielsen-Massey on Social Media:
Rosewater Strawberry Smoothie Bowl (vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar free, healthy)
- for the chia pudding
- Organic Cashew Milk - 1/2 cup
- Organic Chia Seeds - 2 tbsp
- for the rosewater strawberry smoothie
- Organic Frozen Sliced Banana - 1
- Organic Frozen Sliced Strawberries - 1/2 cup
- Nielsen-Massey Rose Water Extract - 1/2 tsp
- Cardamom Green Pod - 1
- Cashew Milk - 1/3 cup
- for garnish
- Pistachios - a few chopped
- Chia Seeds - sprinkle
- Fresh Coconut - shavings
- For the chia pudding, add cashew milk and chia seeds. Stir well. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Begin by chopping a few pistachios and set aside.
- For the smoothie, in a food processor, add frozen banana, frozen strawberries, rose water, cardamom pod, and cashew milk.
- Pulse until a smooth and creamy texture is formed.
- Take out the chia pudding from the fridge and mix gently. The pudding should be thick. Add its contents to a serving bowl.
- Top the chia pudding with the frozen strawberry smoothie.
- Garnish with pistachios, chia seeds and fresh coconut shavings. Enjoy!
Pin for later
I was compensated by Nielsen-Massey Vanillas for my time in developing this recipe and post. All opinions are my own.
Which Nielsen-Massey extract would you use to create your own summer treat? What are your favorite smoothie bowl flavors?