Scrumptious Hariyali Ramen Noodles are made with cilantro chutney, soy sauce, corn, and ramen noodles. A comforting weeknight meal.
If you haven't noticed lately, I am obsessed with Ramen Noodles. They're so delicious and easy to make. They make the perfect weeknight meal and it's the perfect meal for singles IMO.
What are Hariyali Ramen Noodles?
Hariyali means green. In this case, hariyali means a green sauce, and so Hariyali Ramen Noodles are essentially ramen noodles cooked in a green sauce.
This green sauce is cilantro chutney that's flavored with cilantro, ginger, garlic, green chilies, peanuts, lemon juice, cumin seeds, and salt.
Can I make this recipe vegan, gluten-free?
For a vegan option: simply omit the cheese or replace cheese with vegan cheese.
For a gluten-free option: use gluten-free soy sauce or tamari. Additionally, use gluten-free ramen noodles.
What other veggies can I add to these Ramen Noodles?
In addition to corn, peas, carrots, or beans would be a great addition. You can also add some asparagus. Be sure to add any veggie that has a bite to it.
Tips on making Hariyali Ramen Noodles:
- Make the Cilantro Chutney - you can make this a few days ahead.
- Chop the veggies
- Saute the veggies
- Cook the noodles with the veggies
- Add cheese and enjoy!
Ingredients you’ll need for Hariyali Ramen Noodles:
Ramen Noodles: For this recipe, I used 3-ingredient Ramen Noodles – they’re organic and delicious. For a gluten-free option, use these Millet Brown Rice Noodles.
Corn: I recommend using frozen organic corn for this recipe. Simply run the corn under warm water for a 1-2 minutes and drain.
Soy Sauce/Tamari: You'll need 1 tablespoon of soy sauce which really enhances the flavor in this dish. For a gluten-free option, use gf soy sauce or tamari.
Basic Ingredients: Garlic, Red Onions.
Cheese: I love using sharp cheddar for a creamy texture. You can also use medium/mild cheddar, gruyere cheese, or any creamy cheese that you love.
Spices: Red Chili Powder, Coriander Powder, Garam Masala, Salt.
Hariyali Ramen Noodles are:
Versatile (use your favorite veggies)
Gluten-free option (use gf noodles)
Vegan option (omit cheese)
How to make Hariyali Ramen Noodles recipe step by step?
1. Chop garlic, onions, and make some Cilantro Chutney. Use frozen corn that's been rinsed under warm water.
1. Heat up a pot on medium heat, once hot, add oil. Then add chopped garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
2. Add red onions and saute for a couple of minutes until translucent and golden.
3. Now add Cilantro Chutney.
4. Followed by soy sauce (or tamari). Mix well and saute for a minute.
5. Add the corn. Stir.
6. Now add 2 cups of water.
7. Season with salt, red chili powder, coriander powder, and garam masala. Stir.
8. Add 2 packets of ramen noodles. Stir the noodles into the gravy.
9. Cover the pot with a lid and cook for 7-8 minutes.
10. Add a little more water - ½ cup water for more saucy noodles.
11. Also, add cheddar cheese.
12. Noodles are done! Garnish with fresh cilantro.
Pin & Enjoy!
More Noodle Recipes!
- Pav Bhaji Maggi Noodles
- Spinach Mushroom Ramen Noodles
- Chili Garlic Noodles
- Mexican Ramen Noodles
- Vegetable Hakka Noodles
📖 Recipe Card
Hariyali Ramen Noodles
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ cup red onions, chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro chutney
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce/tamari, gluten-free
- ¾ cup frozen corn, run under warm water & drain
- 2 cups water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala
- 2 packets ramen noodles, I like Ocean's Halo
- ½ cup sharp cheddar
- ½ cup water, for saucy noodles
- fresh cilantro to garnish
- Chop garlic, onions, and make some Cilantro Chutney. Use frozen corn that's been rinsed under warm water.
- Heat up a pot on medium heat, once hot, add oil. Then add chopped garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add red onions and saute for a couple of minutes until translucent and golden.
- Now add Cilantro Chutney.
- Followed by soy sauce (or tamari). Mix well and saute for a minute.
- Add the corn. Stir.
- Now add 2 cups of water.
- Season with salt, red chili powder, coriander powder, and garam masala. Stir.
- Add 2 packets of ramen noodles. Stir the noodles into the gravy.
- Cover the pot with a lid and cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Add a little more water - ½ cup water for more saucy noodles.
- Also, add cheddar cheese.
- Noodles are done! Garnish with fresh cilantro.