Cilantro Chutney is a staple condiment in every Indian household. Use it on sandwiches, enjoy it with kebabs, top it over bhel.
Cilantro Chutney also known as Coriander Chutney or Green Chutney or Dhaniya Chutney is a staple in every Indian household. It’s so easy to make and loaded with flavor.
I usually have a batch of some kind of Green Chutney in the fridge. It comes in so handy when you want to put together a quick meal. The best way to use them in my opinion is on a sandwich – can’t ever go wrong with a Chutney Cheese Grilled Cheese. Am I right?
How long does Dhaniya Chutney last?
Cilantro Chutney will last up to 4 days in the fridge.
Coriander Chutney also freezes really well, and so if you have no intentions of finishing your batch of homemade chutney, simply freeze it. To freeze, I love using ice cube trays to freeze my chutney. When you’re ready to use, I place a couple of ice cubes in the fridge overnight and it’ll be ready for use the next day.
How do I use Coriander Chutney?
- Sandwiches – use green chutney in a sandwich and throw in some cheese and veggies.
- Afternoon Tea Sandwiches – goes perfect with some cucumber, butter, and cheese.
- Dhokla – I love chutney with dhokla, samosa, patra, muthiya, so good.
- Bhel – I’ve used it in my Quinoa Bhel – a healthier bhel salad.
- Kathi Rolls – as seen in my Paneer Kathi Roll and Achari Aloo Kati Roll.
- Perfect in Indian fried rice.
Tips on keeping Cilantro Chutney bright green:
- use a touch of sugar
- add ice cubes – this prevents oxidation
- add lemon juice
That’s it, and you’ll have bright green chutney for days.
Cilantro Green Chutney is:
Ideal with any meal
How to make Cilantro Chutney recipe step by step?
1. Add all ingredients to a blender. Start with 2 tbsp of water, add a little more if need be.
3. Your chutney is ready.
More Recipes that use Cilantro Chutney!
- Tea Party Sandwiches
- Quinoa Bhel Salad
- Aloo Tikki Chaat
- Paneer Kathi Roll
- Baked Aloo Chaat Tostadas
- Zucchini Carrot Besan Puda Chilla
Cilantro ChutneyVegan, Healthy, Gluten-free
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 inch piece ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp water, add more if needed
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp red onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp raw unsalted peanuts, or cashews
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 green chilly
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- 1 fresh bunch cilantro
- Add all ingredients to a blender. Start with 2 tbsp of water, add a little more if need be.
- Your chutney is ready.