Perfect for a weekend brunch, a Mexican inspired one pan Eggs Fajita Breakfast Skillet.
It's been one month here in California. I arrived here positive and feeling so prepared, but the next day I wanted to go back home.
Eggs Fajita Breakfast Skillet (gluten free, paleo-ish, healthy-ish)
- <b>skillet eggs</b>
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- ½ green bell pepper, sliced
- 2 organic sweet potatoes, cubed
- ½ red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 chipotle pepper, chopped
- ½ medium onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¾ teaspoon cumin powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- salt to taste
- 4 organic eggs
- ¼ cup to ½ cup sharp cheddar, grated
- 1 avocado, mashed and seasoned with salt and garlic powder to taste
- small handful fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 stalks scallions, chopped
- Grab 2 sweet potatoes.</br></br>
- Cube them.</br></br>
- Heat a cast-iron skillet on medium heat, once hot, add oil and then the sweet potatoes. Cook the sweet for 5 minutes on medium heat until the potatoes slightly brown.</br></br>
- In the meantime, slice the red & green bell peppers, and onion.</br></br>
- Sweet potatoes are browned.</br></br>
- Once the sweet potatoes brown, lower heat to low-medium and cover with a lid and cook for 10 minutes.</br></br>
- Once the potatoes are done (keep the heat on low-medium). Add the bell peppers, onion, all the spices - garlic powder, cumin powder, chili powder, salt, black pepper and chipotle pepper. Stir and cook for 5-7 minutes.</br></br>
- In the meantime chop the scallions and cilantro, and grate some cheddar cheese.</br></br>
- Crack 4 eggs over the sweet potatoes and bell peppers.</br></br>
- Cover with a lid and cook on low heat for 5 minutes.</br></br>
- In the meantime mash an avocado and season with salt and garlic powder.</br></br>
- Eggs are done.</br></br>
- Top with cheddar cheese. The cheese will slowly melt.</br></br>
- Garnish with scallions and cilantro.</br></br>
- Finish off with avocado and serve with grain free chips. I like Siete Chips.</br></br>
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Tag @honeywhatscooking on Instagram and hashtag it #honeywhatscooking.
I love seeing your creations!
Pin Eggs Fajita Breakfast Skillet