Jalapeno Popper Garlic Bread is the perfect indulgent appetizer for a holiday party.
Growing up, Jalaepno Poppers were my favorite junk food. I could never decide between the cream cheese version and the cheddar version. How about both? This recipe is inspired by my Jalepno Poppper Cream Cheese Sandwich and Baked Jalapeno Poppers recipes. Here’s a childhood favorite that’s turned up a notch… the perfect holiday appetizer. Prepare the cheese mixture, spread onto the sliced loaf bread, and bake. It’s that simple.
Can I make Jalapeno Popper Garlic Bread healthier?
Somewhat. You can use Neufchatel cream cheese instead of regular cream cheese.
Use low-fat milk instead of whole milk.
Use reduced-fat cheese instead of regular Mexican blend.
Can I make Jalapeno Popper Bread gluten-free?
Yes. Simply use gluten-free French/Italian loaf instead of a regular loaf.
Jalapeno Popper Garlic Bread is:
Gluten-Free option (use GF French bread)
How to make Jalapeno Popper Garlic Bread recipe step by step?
1. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients for the cheese mixture – cream cheese, milk, garlic, jalapeno, cayenne pepper, black pepper, salt, and Mexican cheese blend.
2. Mix well until well combined. Add a touch of more milk if needed.
1. Take a loaf of French bread. Remove some of the insides of the loaf.
2. Brush with the garlic butter mixture.
3. Generously spread the cheese mixture all over the bread loaf.
4. Top with shredded Mexican cheese blend.
5. Slice a jalapeno.
6. Top with sliced jalapeno.
7. Top with some more Mexican cheese blend.
8. Place in the oven at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
9. Once out of the oven.
10. Top with chives. Slice and serve.
More Holiday Appetizers!
- Burrata Caprese Crostini
- Sun-dried Tomato Ricotta Crostini
- Mexican Stuffed Mushrooms
- Masala Corn Toastie
- 5 Layer Meixcan Dip
- Vegetarian Indian Nachos
Jalapeno Popper Garlic Bread
for the cheese mixture
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese
- 4 tbsp milk
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 1/2 jalapeno chopped
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups Mexican cheese blend shredded
for the garlic butter mixture
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- touch of salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 French loaf sliced in half
- brush with garlic butter mixture
- spread the cheese mixture
- top with sliced jalapeno
- top with more Mexican cheese blend
- garnish with chopped chives