Sun-dried Tomato Ricotta Crostini is a delicious party appetizer that's super quick, easy to make and only 8 ingredients. A crowd pleaser.
When my husband and I were dating, I let him know I had a food blog on the side, but never shared my blog's name.
It was still early in our relationship so I didn't wanna share every single detail of my life, and as you guys know, I share a decent amount on my blog. A girl's gotta remain mysterious. 🙂
A few weeks passed, and yet I still wouldn't share any blog details, nor would he stop inquiring. I just shared about my family, friendships, work, and interests.
The Phone Call
One morning as I was getting ready for work, Mr. Honey called me around 8:30 AM my time, it was 5:30 AM in California (sigh). Here's how our conversation went:
Him: Hey Honey, What's Cooking?
Me: What's that? (of course, in my head I was LOL)
Him: Your blog.
Me: No it's not, what are you talking about?
Him: Yes it is, I already read a lot of it.
In my head I was thinking... OMG... I'm no longer a mystery.
Me: Okay, but how did you find out?
Him: Well, I was stalking you on Facebook, and looked up your best friend, Anu. I landed on her page and saw you tagged her in a few photos (that were public). It wasn't that hard to figure out.
Well, turns out my then boyfriend (now husband) learned a lot about me by reading my blog. One thing he most certainly learned is that if he was gonna end up with me, he would have to get used to a healthy lifestyle, which btw he still kinda complains about. With that said, so we can all be happy, I will make something a little indulgent on occasion. This one's a party favorite and a total crowd pleaser.
This Sun-dried Tomato Ricotta Crostini is:
Perfect Party Appetizer
Only 8 Ingredients
Quick & Easy
how to make sun-dried tomato olive ricotta crostini step by step?
Prepare the Sun-dried Tomatoes Olive Spread
1. Use sun-dried tomatoes from a jar that are soaked in oil. Drain a cup of sun-dried tomatoes.
2. Blend all the ingredients in a food processor.
3. This is what you should have.
4. Toast sliced ciabatta or Italian bread in a toaster oven.
5. Once done, top with ricotta cheese.
6. Top with sun-dried tomatoes mix.
7. Finish it off with julienne basil.
📖 Recipe Card
Sun-dried Tomato Ricotta Crostini
For the Sun-dried Tomato Olive Spread
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes in a jar, drained
- 6 cloves garlic
- ¾ cup fresh basil, loosely packed
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 whole serrano chili, with seeds
- 12 pitted kalamata olives
- salt to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 loaf fresh baked ciabatta or Italian bread, sliced & toasted
- 1 tub whole milk ricotta cheese, spread over bread
- fresh basil leaves, julienned
Prepare the Sun-dried Tomato Olive Spread
- Use sun-dried tomatoes from a jar that are soaked in oil. Drain a cup of sun-dried tomatoes.
- Blend all the ingredients in a food processor.
- This is what you should have.
- Toast sliced ciabatta or Italian bread in a toaster oven.
- Once done, top with ricotta cheese.
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes mix.
- Finish it off with julienne basil.