Creamy Masala Pasta with Barilla® Red Lentil Spaghetti, which is made is with just one simple ingredient – red lentil flour. This dish is vegan and gluten-free.
This blog post is sponsored by Barilla® but all opinions are my own.
Now that I’m a busy mom, I’m all about quick weeknight meals, and this Creamy Masala Pasta with Barilla® Red Lentil Spaghetti is one that delivers. Barilla® Red Lentil Spaghetti has 23g of protein per 3.5oz and is an excellent source of fiber which helps my Creamy Masala Red Lentil Pasta burst with flavor while being gluten-free, and vegan. Simply prepare the masala, add the spices, coconut milk, and spaghetti, and you’ve got one delicious dinner.
Barilla® Red Lentil Spaghetti
For my Creamy Masala Pasta, I used Barilla® Red lentil Spaghetti which is made with one simple ingredient – red lentil flour. Barilla® Red Lentil Spaghetti is made with 23g of protein per 3.5oz serving. Additionally, the red lentil spaghetti is gluten-free and non-GMO verified.
You can purchase Barilla® Red Lentil Spaghetti at Walmart in the pasta aisle.
What is Creamy Masala Pasta?
Masala is essentially sauteing ginger, garlic, onions, and tomatoes until it forms a paste-like consistency. For this recipe, I omitted ginger, but I did use garlic, onions, and tomatoes. Throw in some thick coconut milk and lentil pasta, and you’ve got the most luscious Creamy Masala Red Lentil Pasta.
This dish is bursting with flavor. The spices and the tomato masala combination are delightful. Pair this dish with some red wine and you’ve got a winner. Hope you guys give this recipe a try and let me know what you think.
Can I make this recipe vegan, gluten-free?
This recipe is already vegan and gluten-free.
Creamy Masala Red Lentil Pasta with Barilla® Red Lentil Spaghetti is:
Creamy Masala Pasta
- 8.8 ounces Barilla Red Lentil Spaghetti
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 4 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp soy sauce preferably gluten-free
- 15 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tsp vegetable subzi masala or use tandoori masala or curry powder
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp vegetable subzi masala optional: adds more flavor
- add cooked spaghetti to sauce
- fresh cilantro to taste chopped
- salt to taste
- Prep your ingredients. Slice the garlic, chop the onions, set aside crushed tomatoes.
- Heat up a pan, and add olive oil, once hot add crushed red pepper and garlic. Saute until the garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the onions, season with a little salt, and cook for 5 minutes until slightly golden.
- Now add ketchup and soy sauce. Mix well and cook for a minute.
- Add the crushed tomatoes. Cover and simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook the Barilla Red Lentil Spaghetti. This will take about 9 minutes.
- Check on the tomato mixture, it should have a paste-like consistency. Add 1 1/2 tsp of vegetable subzi masala. If you can't find this particular masala, you may use tandoori masala or even curry powder.
- Add coconut milk followed by another 1/2 tsp of masala, if need be. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add the Barilla Red Lentil Spaghetti to the sauce and toss well.
- Turn off the stove and top with fresh cilantro. Enjoy!