It’s true, I despise goat cheese. It tastes like feet to me, especially the really stinky ones, that is until I made this Beet Strawberry and Goat Cheese Arugula Salad.
I find that people either love it or hate it. My friends who love goat cheese tell me how amazing it is in an omelet, and then I wonder if I’m missing out?
On a recent visit to Trader Joe’s, I decided to pick up chevre goat cheese – the one with herbs in it so the flavor is somewhat masked.
Lo and behold, it wasn’t too terrible when I tried it all by itself, but when I paired it with arugula, strawberries, beets and balsamic in this Beet Strawberry and Goat Cheese Arugula Salad, it was heavenly.
That sweetness from the strawberries and balsamic combined with the peppery arugula along with the tart, creamy goat cheese was truly amazing!
How on earth did this happen? I’ve been obsessed with this salad lately, not to mention goat cheese. I think it’s time I try it out in an omelet.
So if you’re one of those who is on the fence about goat cheese, you must try this salad immediately, and perhaps it’ll change your life too. Goat cheese can be quite wonderful actually.
Beet Strawberry and Goat Cheese Arugula Salad (healthy, antioxidants, low-carb, gluten-free)
- <b>for the balsamic vinaigrette dressing</b>
- Shallots - 2 tbsp finely chopped
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 2 tbsp
- Aged Balsamic Vinegar - 1 tbsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Black Pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Sea Salt - to taste
- <b>for the salad</b>
- Organic Arugula - 5 ounces
- Balsamic Vinaigrette - entire amount
- Organic Strawberries - 8 pieces sliced
- Steamed & Peeled Beets - 5-6 pieces sliced
- Trader Joe's Sweet & Spicy Pecans - 7-8 pieces per serving
- Trader Joe's Chevre Goat Cheese - 1-2 tbsp per serving crumbled
- Begin by making the dressing. Finely chop a shallot.
- Add 2 tbsp of shallots to a mason jar.
- Add extra virgin olive oil, aged balsamic, honey, black pepper and salt to the mason jar. Cover and shake well for 10 seconds. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the arugula.
- Drizzle two-thirds of the dressing over the arugula. <yoastmark class="yoast-text-mark" data-mce-bogus="1">Reserve some for later.</yoastmark>
- Toss well.
- Slice the strawberries.
- Slice the beets.
- In a serving bowl, add the arugula.
- Now top with strawberries and beets.
- Top with pecans.
- This is my favorite Goat Cheese from Trader Joe's.
- Top with crumbled goat cheese.
- Drizzle remaining dressing over the salad.
- Serve immediately.
Pin for later!
Thoughts on Goat Cheese? Love it or hate it?