Mohabbat ka Sharbat with Cardamom is a delicious summer drink made with Rooh Afza, watermelon, milk, and ice cubes is popular from the streets of Delhi.
The one thing I look forward to most when visiting India is the food! The food is incredible from the street vendors to the high-end restaurants, it's all so good and flavorful. One drink that you should definitely try in Delhi is Mohabbat ka Sharbat.
What is Mohabbat ka Sharbat?
One of my favorite drinks I look forward to when visiting Delhi is Pyaar Mohabbat Sharbat which literally translates to the "love drink." This ambrosial drink is made with Rooh Afza, watermelon, milk, and ice cubes. For my version, I added a little cardamom because I think rose and cardamom are a heavenly combination. This gorgeous pink drink is so refreshing and the perfect summer drink.
Can I make this drink vegan?
Sure. Simply replace whole milk with dairy-free milk. My preference is cashew milk since it has a milder taste.
Tips on making Mohabbat ka Sharbat:
- cut the watermelon into tiny cubes.
- mix the Rooh Afza and milk together before pouring over ice.
- use whole milk, or if you prefer reduced-fat 2% milk would work.
- add a touch of cardamom, it adds so much more flavor.
Mohabbat ka Sharbat is:
Perfect Summer Drink
Vegan option (see recipe notes)
How to make this Sharbat recipe step by step?
1. Chop the watermelon into tiny cubes.
2. Add milk to a measuring cup.
3. Add Rooh Afza.
4. Mix well.
5. Add cardamom.
6. Add ice to a glass.
7. Followed by diced watermelon.
8. Add the rose milk. Garnish with edible rose petals.
More Delicious Beverage Recipes!
- Kadak Masala Chai
- Indian Style Cappuccino Beaten Coffee
- Spicy Sweet Mayan Hot Chocolate
- French Press Cardamom Fennel Chai
📖 Recipe Card
Mohabbat ka Sharbat with Cardamom
for rose drink
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoon Rooh Afza
- 10 ice cubes, for 2 servings
- ½ cup watermelon
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder
- edible rose petals
- Chop the watermelon into tiny cubes.
- Add milk to a measuring cup.
- Add Rooh Afza.
- Mix well.
- Add cardamom.
- Add ice to a glass.
- Followed by diced watermelon.
- Add the rose milk. Garnish with edible rose petals.