For me, the best part about Christmas is once everyone leaves, it’s nice to stay up late with my sisters and nieces, hanging out, making chai, indulging in this Red Velvet Cake that I bake every single year, talking, watching movies and eating Christmas leftovers at 3 am.
This holiday season, I’m kicking up roasted Brussels Sprouts up a notch by adding some Parmesan Cheese, cranberries and slivered almonds. This healthy Cranberry Almond Roasted Brussels Sprouts is a great addition to an otherwise heavy meal.
Cranberry Almond Roasted Brussels Sprouts (gluten-free, healthy)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 1 tbsp for sauteing; 1 tbsp for later
- Brussels Sprouts - 1-16 oz. package sliced in half
- Garlic - 3 cloves chopped
- Salt - to taste
- Black Pepper - to taste
- Balsamic Vinegar - 1 tbsp
- Parmesan Cheese - 3-4 tbsp to taste
- Slivered Almonds - 2 tbsp
- Dried Cranberries - 2 tbsp
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove the stem of the brussels sprouts and slice in half.
- Chop the garlic.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet on medium-high heat, once hot, add olive oil. Place the brussels sprouts face side down and top with garlic, salt and black pepper. Cook undisturbed for 3-4 minutes.
- Turn off the stove. Place the cast-iron skillet into the oven for 15 minutes.
- Grate the Parmesan cheese. Set aside cranberries and slivered almonds.
- Once the brussels sprouts are done, top with 1 tbsp of olive oil and 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar. Stir.
- Now add the almonds and brussels sprouts.
- Now add the cheese. Stir.
- Serve immediately.
Pin for later
What’s on your Christmas Eve/Day menu?