Chatpate Rosemary Roasted Potatoes with step by step images. Spice up your roasted potatoes with rosemary and Indian spices also known as Chatpate Aloo. A great side dish to any meal.
I love roasted potatoes. I love them with eggs instead of bread, and I especially love them for dinner with fish. It's my goto carb when I wanna opt out of having bread or rice.
These Rosemary Roasted Potatoes are delicious and flavored with Indian spices which take the potatoes to a whole new level. This is a great side dish, especially over Thanksgiving. Begin by cubing the potatoes and then adding all the flavors to the potatoes. Then roast the potatoes in the oven for 30-40 minutes, and finish it off with a couple more spices. And that's it.
If you're having an Indian themed Thanksgiving, make these Chatpate Roasted Potatoes along with my Masala Mac and Cheese. Another great side over Thanksgiving are my Roasted Butternut Squash with Cranberries and Goat Cheese.
How to make crispy roasted potatoes?
- heat up an empty baking tray in the oven.
- once you're ready to add the potatoes to the baking tray, remove the baking tray from the oven and spray with olive oil.
- transfer the potatoes to the baking tray - they will sizzle immediately.
- place the baking tray into the oven for 30-40 minutes, toss after 15 minutes.
chatpate rosemary roasted potatoes are:
Healthier alternative to Mashed Potatoes
Perfect Side Dish
how to make chatpate rosemary roasted potatoes step by step?
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place the empty baking tray into the oven so it heats up.
2. Chop the garlic and fresh rosemary. Set aside.
3. Cube the potatoes into 1 inch pieces. No need to peel.
4. Add the garlic, fresh rosemary, and all the spices mentioned under "for roasted potatoes".
5. Transfer the potatoes to the HOT baking tray (previously in the oven - see step 1) that is sprayed with olive oil. This will help crisp up the potatoes right away.
6. Into the oven for 30-40 minutes. After 15, minutes stir. After 30 minutes, check on the potatoes. If you want them more roasted/crispy, bake them a little longer.
7. Once out of the oven, season with amchoor (mango powder) and fresh parsley. Toss.
8. Serve with curry ketchup or just regular ketchup. It's the best!
Chatpate Rosemary Roasted PotatoesVegan, Gluten-free
for roasted potatoes
- 1 ½ pounds red potatoes
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ Indian red chili powder (cayenne), add more if need be
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoon mango powder (amchoor)
- fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place the empty baking tray into the oven.
- Chop the garlic and fresh rosemary. Set aside.
- Cube the potatoes into 1 inch pieces. No need to peel.
- Add the garlic, fresh rosemary, and all the spices mentioned under "for roasted potatoes".
- Transfer the potatoes to the HOT baking tray (previously in the oven - see step 1) that is sprayed with olive oil. This will help crisp up the potatoes right away.
Roast the Potatoes
- Into the oven for 30-40 minutes. After 15, minutes stir. After 30 minutes, check on the potatoes. If you want them more roasted/crispy, bake them a little longer.
- Once out of the oven, season with amchoor (mango powder) and fresh parsley. Toss.
- Serve with ketchup. It's the best!
Do you spray the tray before putting it in the oven (1)
Hi Devanshi - NO - i don't spray olive oil before putting the tray in the oven. I only spray it just before i add the potatoes to the baking tray. 🙂
This recipe is SO good. Everyone I made it for loved it. I made it for thanksgiving and had to multiply the recipe by 6, and it still came out so tasty. Love all your recipes, Nisha! Thank you!!!
This recipe is so perfect!!I had roasted potatoes recently on my recent trip to Europe and wanted to make them.i followed your recipe and it was perfect. Love all your recipes Nisha!!!
Saher Hyderali says
I made these today as a side! I didn't have rosemary so substituted basil and it tasted great!! Loved it and would highly recommend!
Nirali Wadia says
Hi, do I need to boil potatoes before roasting them?
Hi Nirali. No. The recipe calls for only roasting the potatoes.