A delicious sweet & savory Roasted Butternut Squash with Cranberries and Goat Cheese.
It’s Halloween!!! No pumpkin today, so here’s to second best – Butternut Squash.
This is one of my favorite ways to prepare butternut squash… roasted and flavored with honey, cranberries and goat cheese.
The honey and cranberries lend a hint of sweetness, while the goat cheese adds a nice creamy tart flavor. The combination is lethal.
So this Thanksgiving, make sure you have this delicious Roasted Butternut Squash with Cranberries and Goat Cheese on your dining table.
You won’t be sorry! Promise!
Roasted Butternut Squash with Cranberries and Goat Cheese (gluten free, healthy)
- for roasting
- Organic Butternut Squash - 1 large 6 heaping cups cubed
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 1 tbsp
- Pure Honey - 1 1/2 tbsp
- Garlic Powder - 1 tsp
- Cayenne Pepper - 1/8 tsp
- Himalayan Pink Salt - to taste
- Black Pepper - 1/2 tsp
- for add-ons
- Pumpkin Seeds - 2 tbsp
- Organic Dried Cranberries - 1/2 cup
- Parsley - small handful chopped
- Herb Goat Cheese - crumbles to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Begin by carefully removing the skin of the butternut squash.
- Cube into small cubes.
- Transfer to a baking tray and top with extra virgin olive oil.
- Top with honey.
- Season with salt, black pepper, garlic and cayenne pepper. Toss well.
- Into the oven for 25 minutes.
- Now combine the pumpkin seeds and cranberries. Set aside. We will bake these in the oven for about 3 minutes.
- Check on the squash. Now add the pumpkin seeds and cranberries and bake for an additional 3 minutes.
- Once done, gently toss.
- Top with chopped parsley. Gently toss.
- Transfer to a bowl and top with goat cheese, or go dairy-free if you wish)
Roasted Butternut Squash with Cranberries and Goat Cheese
How do you like your butternut squash?