Burrata Bruschetta Indian Style is a spin on an Italian classic with the addition of Indian spices. This appetizer is spicy, creamy, and delicious.
I love Bruschetta. It is seriously one of the easiest appetizers to make because there is no cooking required. If you’re new to cooking, Bruschetta is one of the easiest recipes to make because it’s hard to mess up.
My Desi version of Bruschetta is delicious and packed with flavor. It would make a great appetizer for a bbq party or a potluck. I love eating Bruschetta on super toasty and crunchy bread, almost to the point of charred.
One restaurant in New York City that’s close to my heart – La Lantern di Vittorio where my husband proposed to me – serves delicious bruschetta. I kind of dissected their recipe and came up with a version I like as seen here.
What is Bruschetta?
Bruschetta is an Italian appetizer that’s prepared with fresh tomatoes, onions, garlic, olive oil, salt, black pepper, and in some cases, balsamic vinegar.
Since Italian and Indian ingredients are quite similar, I had to make a desi version of bruschetta.
What is Burrata Bruschetta Indian Style?
So what is Burrata Bruschetta Indian Style? For this recipe, I kept most of the ingredients, but I swapped balsamic vinegar for lemon juice. I also added some Indian spices such as cumin powder, garam masala, and red chili powder. And that’s it, there’s your Indian-style Bruschetta.
Burrata Bruschetta Indian Style is:
Delicious Summer Appetizer
Easy to Make
Ingredients for Burrata Bruschetta Indian Style:
Red Onion: I like using red onions for this recipe, however white onion works too.
Fresh Cilantro: This adds a slight Indian touch.
Green Chilies: If you don’t have Thai Green Chilies, Serrano Pepper will work.
Spices: Salt, Red Chili Powder, Garam Masala, Cumin Powder.
How to make Indian Style Burrata Bruschetta recipe step by step?
1. Chop tomatoes and drain until the liquid is gone. Add tomatoes, red onions (or white), green chilies, fresh basil, fresh cilantro, and garlic. Add to a mixing bowl. Also add olive oil, lemon juice, red chili powder, cumin powder, salt, and garam masala.
2. Mix well. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes so the flavors are enhanced.
3. Toast sourdough bread until nice and toasty. You can also use Italian or French loaf and turn this appetizer into crostinis.
4. Dip a clove of garlic in olive oil and rub it all over the sourdough toast.
5. Top with burrata cheese.
6. Now top with a few spoonfuls of the prepared Indian-style bruschetta. Slice into fours. Enjoy!
- My personal way of serving this Burrata Bruschetta toastie is exactly how it’s prepared.
- You can also add burrata in the center and place the bruschetta all around it. Drizzle some olive oil on top of the burrata along with fresh basil and cilantro.
- You can also just make Caprese Burrata Crostini with Cherry Tomatoes – this recipe is delicious, but there is some cooking involved.
Tips on making Burrata Bruschetta Indian Style:
- Prepare the tomato veggie mix. Mix. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- When you’re ready to serve, toast the bread/crostini, rub garlic olive oil, and top with bruschetta.
How do I prepare this recipe in advance?
Simply prepare the bruschetta mix up to one day in advance. Just make sure to drain the tomatoes completely before adding them to the mixing bowl – this will prevent your mix from getting too watery.
On the day of your event, toast your bread and rub garlic on top with olive oil – this part can’t be done in advance.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I make this recipe vegan and/or gluten-free?
For a vegan option, use a spreadable vegan cheese – cream cheese would work.
For a gluten-free option, use gluten-free sourdough bread.
What other bread can I use instead of sourdough toast?
You can use Italian or French loaf. They both work well for crostinis. If you’re gluten-free, make sure to use a gf version of the bread.
How do I make classic Bruschetta?
I have a recipe for a classic Tomato Basil Bruschetta.
More Summer Recipes!
- Tomato Basil Bruschetta
- Burrata Caprese Crostini with Sauteed Cherry Tomatoes
- Sun-dried Tomato Ricotta Crostini
- Indian-inspired Tea Party Sandwiches
- Beet Salad with Goat Cheese & Arugula
- Black Bean and Corn Quesadillas
Burrata Bruschetta Indian Style
for bruschetta indian style
- 1 pound tomatoes chopped & drained
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh basil julienned
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 Indian green chilies or 1/2 a serrano pepper use less if you can't handle heat
- sea salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
to assemble (per toast)
- 1 slice sourdough bread, well toasted until crunchy
- 2 ounces burrata cheese
- 2-3 spoonfuls of bruschetta
- Chop tomatoes and drain until the liquid is gone. Add tomatoes, red onions (or white), green chilies, fresh basil, fresh cilantro, and garlic. Add to a mixing bowl. Also add olive oil, lemon juice, red chili powder, cumin powder, salt, and garam masala.
- Mix well. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes so the flavors are enhanced.
- Toast sourdough bread until nice and toasty. You can also use Italian or French loaf and turn this appetizer into crostinis.
- Dip a clove of garlic in olive oil and rub it all over the sourdough toast.
- Top with burrata cheese.
- Now top with a few spoonfuls of the prepared Indian-style bruschetta. Slice into fours. Enjoy!