Mushroom and Spinach Pappardelle - an elegant dish loaded with veggies prepared in a creamy white wine sauce.
Every year around the holidays I host a Ladies Lunch for my small group of girlfriends who come over and enjoy good food.
This year I made Mushroom and Spinach Pappardelle Pasta cooked in a white wine and mascarpone cheese sauce.
A delicious and elegant dish that is loaded with veggies, one that is bound to make any woman really happy.
So ladies, while the guys are snacking on beer, wings, chips and guac, make this elegant dish for yourself and your girlfriends, just don't forget the wine.
Don’t be surprised if the guys want some. Too bad, you're not sharing. Enjoy!
Mushroom and Spinach Pappardelle is:
Light, yet Creamy
Perfect Pasta for Date Night
Goes well with White Wine
📖 Recipe Card
Mushroom and Spinach Pappardelle
- 8 ounces pappardelle
- Pot of water
- 1 ½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- to taste black pepper
- to taste salt
- ½ cup white wine
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese
- ¼ cup reserved pasta water, use as needed to thin out sauce
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- few chives, chopped
- Start by bringing a pot of water to boil.
- Slice the mushrooms.
- Heat up a pan on medium heat, once hot, add extra virgin olive oil and then crushed red pepper flakes. Cook the pepper for about 10 seconds, once they start to sizzle....
- Add the mushrooms. Stir. Let the mushrooms cook 7-8 minutes.
- In the meantime, chop the garlic and spinach.
- Once the water starts to boil, add the pappardelle and cook according to package directions, roughly 7-8 minutes also.
- Once the mushrooms brown, add the garlic and spinach. Stir.
- The spinach will cook within 2-3 minutes as you keep stirring.
- Add the white wine.
- Season with salt and black pepper. Cook down for a few minutes until the white wine amount reduced, but it shouldn't be completed evaporated.
- Add the mascarpone cheese, stir around until a creamy sauce is formed.
- Sauce is done.
- Now add the pasta which should be al dente.
- Add reserved pasta water to thin out sauce as needed.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese and chives.