When I think of rainbow sprinkles, I think of all the different colors of people in this world.
I don’t know, there is something about seeing all those sprinkles harmoniously sitting in a jar. Now only if us mere mortals could learn to live in harmony with one another, wouldn’t that be nice in this crazy world?
Okay, okay, enough philosophy! The other day I was pondering Cake Batter. You know, CAKE BATTER, the way batter tastes before you bake it? I was trying to come up with a recipe that hadn’t been done, and that’s how I came up with Cake Batter Blondies.
I proceeded to search the Internet, and it turns out this recipe has already been made by Gracie over at Girl Meets Life using a store bought cake-mix.
My mission was to avoid using a store bought cake-mix, but rather achieve that cake batter flavor from scratch. I used more Vanilla Extract and I added milk to my blondies, YES MILK! Just as Gracie did, I threw in some White Chocolate Chips which added a mild chocolate flavor and extra sweetness.
The end result? Well, my husband’s first words were and I quote, “this is so f***in’ good.” When he chooses to use the “F” word to describe my cooking, I know my mission is accomplished.
Without further ado, here are Cake Batter Blondies from scratch, an original recipe. And a special thank you to Gracie for the inspiration on using White Chocolate Chips.
NUTRITION: Unfortunately, there is no nutrition in these blondies. They are made with white flour and white sugar to achieve that cake batter taste, however I did use Low Fat milk.
APPROXIMATE NUTRITION PER SERVING (yields 16 squares)
- Calories: 128 cals
- Fat: 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.7 g
- Carbs: 19 g
- Protein: 1.5 g
- Fiber: 0 g
CAKE BATTER BLONDIES… made from scratch (FULL FAT)
~ yields 16 squares @ 350 degrees using a 8" x 8" baking tray
~ fat and calories were NOT reduced in this recipe
- Unsalted Butter – 6 tablespoon (room temperature) … reduce to 5 tablespoon next time
- Sugar – ¾ cup + 2 tablespoon … reduce to ¾ cup next time
- Egg – 1
- Vanilla Extract – 2 tsp
- All Purpose White Flour – 1 cup
- Milk 1% Low Fat – ¼ cup
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Rainbow Nonpareils Sprinkles – 2 tablespoon
- Ghirardelli White Chocolate Chips – ¼ cup
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease an 8” x 8” baking pan.
3. Start with unsalted butter at room temperature.
4. Add sugar. Blend the mixture for a couple minutes until light and fluffy.
5. This is what you should have.
6. Add egg and vanilla extract. Beat for a couple minutes on medium-high speed until well combined.
7. This is what you should have.
8. Now alternate between the dry mixtures (flour and salt) and milk in 3 parts, starting and ending with the dry. Combine, but DO NOT OVERMIX.
9. Add sprinkles. Combine.
10. Add white chocolate chips.
12. Pour cake batter into the baking tray.
13. Into the oven for 25 minutes exactly or until the edges lightly golden brown.
14. This is what you should have. Trust me, they may seem undone and gooey, but they are perfectly fine.
15. WAIT 20 minutes before you start cutting the blondies into squares. The blondies will taste more cooked if you do this.
16. ABSOLUTE PERFECTION! Oh yeah, even if you don't trust me on other recipes, trust me on this one!
OVERALL RATING: 5 / 5
These blondies were phenomenal. These gooey bits of heaven seriously tasted like cake batter to me and my husband. They were buttery and sweet, although I felt these blondies were slightly sweeter, and thus I would consider lowering the sugar by 2 tbsp. If the extra sugar is not a concern then leave it in because they will taste amazing regardless. I absolutely loved the color and texture of these blondies and they go perfectly well with a cup of tea without sugar. Just try it, you will be so soooooooooo happy if you do!
UPDATE: I was invited by Lisa at Sweet As Sugar Cookies to join her Linky Party.
TELL ME: I’d love to know if anyone tries these blondies and what do you think?