The Fake Laugh! I can’t stand it, but do you think it’s necessary to climb up the corporate ladder?
For the past 13 years that I’ve been working in Corporate America, I’ve encountered folks who make small talk with one another and laugh for no apparent reason, and the laugh is so fake.
To begin with, how the hell do you fake a laugh? Just the other day, my co-worker and I were practicing the fake laugh on one another, and sadly, or shall I say thankfully, neither one of us was successful.
So when my manager rolls around to check up on me and makes a comment about so and so, I sometimes just smile because I can’t do a fake laugh. I’ve tried, the sound just doesn’t come out, and if it does, it sounds so FAKE!
Well, on that note, here is a fake Chocolate Chip Cookie, hey, it only takes a minute, but it tastes like the real thing. This is the perfect dessert when you want something quick, indulgent, and in a smaller portion.
NUTRITION: Aside from some protein, there really is no nutrition in this recipe. I used a tablespoon of whole wheat pastry flour instead of white flour which adds a little bit of fiber and protein. Also, an egg yolk adds some protein to this cookie. Lastly, I used 1 tbsp of bittersweet chocolate chips which contain antioxidants.
APPROXIMATE NUTRITION PER SERVING (yields 2 servings):
- Calories: 190 cals
- Fat: 11 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbs: 22 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Fiber: 1 g
INGREDIENTS (makes 2 servings; slightly modified from My Kitchen Antics):
- Unsalted Butter – 1 tbsp (melted)
- White Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Brown Sugar – 1/2 tbsp
- Pure Vanilla Extract – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – just a small pinch
- Egg Yolk – 1
- All Purpose White Flour – 2 tbsp
- Whole Wheat Pastry Flour – 1 tbsp
- Ghirardelli Bittersweet Chocolate Chips – 1 tbsp
1. Add a tablespoon of butter to a cup.
2. Melt for 40 seconds… less or more as needed.
3. Then add the white and brown sugars, vanilla extract, and salt. Mix well.
4. Add the egg yolk and mix well.
5. At this time add the flour. Mix, but DO NOT OVERMIX!
6. Add the chocolate chips.
7. Fold in.
8. Microwave for 50 seconds, or depending on your microwave strength, start with 40 and work your way up if need be. Serve immediately! DELICIOUS!
TELL ME: Do you possess a fake laugh? Do you believe you need a fake laugh to climb up the corporate ladder?