Hearty and healthy Morning Glory Muffins packed with goodness, it’s good enough for breakfast.
Every Valentine’s Day I try and bake something, it’s just my way to make someone feel special.
This year I decided to go healthy and bake Morning Glory Muffins. They aren’t your typical V-Day dessert, but they are healthy, packed with goodness, and perfect for breakfast.
These Morning Glory Muffins are made with whole wheat flour, they’re dairy-free, and made with just 2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
Surprise your significant other this Valentine’s Day weekend and bake these Morning Glory Muffins. They are the perfect accompaniment with a cup of coffee.
Split in half when they are hot out of the oven and top it with some butter or jam. They’re so good.
These Morning Glory Muffins are:
Packed with goodness
Great for breakfast
Morning Glory Muffins
- <b>Dry Ingredients</b>
- 1 1/2 cups organic whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- <b>Wet Ingredients</b>
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar, use 1/2 cup for less sugar
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 ounces unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- <b>Add Ins</b>
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, or shredded
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.</br></br>
- Spray a cupcake/muffin tray with coconut oil.</br></br>
- Combine the dry ingredients in a medium size bowl. Stir well and set aside.</br></br>
- Combine the wet ingredients in a large bowl (except the almond milk). Stir well until all the ingredients are well combined.</br></br>
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet. Mix, but do NOT over mix.</br></br>
- Now add the almond milk and mix. Do not over mix.</br></br>
- Throw in the add ins... carrots, raisins, coconut, and walnuts.</br></br>
- Fold the ingredients into the batter.</br></br>
- Take an ice-cream scoop and scoop out the batter into the muffin tray.</br></br>
- Into the oven. Bake for 20-21 minutes max, or until the top is golden brown.</br></br>
- Muffins are done. Enjoy them warm with a tad of butter on it, or jam.</br></br>
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Tag @honeywhatscooking on Instagram and hashtag it #honeywhatscooking.
I love seeing your creations!
Pin Morning Glory Muffins