Easy to make, hearty, and healthy Morning Glory Muffins packed with goodness, they're good enough for breakfast.
Every Valentine's Day I try and bake something, it's just my way to make someone feel special.
This year I decided to go healthy and bake Morning Glory Muffins. They aren't your typical V-Day dessert, but they are healthy, packed with goodness, and perfect for breakfast.
These Morning Glory Muffins are made with whole wheat flour, they're dairy-free, and made with just 2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
Surprise your significant other this Valentine's Day weekend and bake these Morning Glory Muffins. They are the perfect accompaniment to a cup of coffee.
Split in half when they are hot out of the oven and top it with some butter or jam. They're so good.
These Morning Glory Muffins are:
Packed with goodness
Great for breakfast
More Muffin Recipes
📖 Recipe Card
Morning Glory Muffins
- 1 ½ cups organic whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup coconut sugar, use ½ cup for less sugar
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 ounces unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ⅓ cup raisins
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ⅓ cup unsweetened coconut flakes, or shredded
- ⅓ cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a cupcake/muffin tray with coconut oil.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a medium size bowl. Stir well and set aside.
- Combine the wet ingredients in a large bowl (except the almond milk). Stir well until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet. Mix, but do NOT over mix.
- Now add the almond milk and mix. Do not over mix.
- Throw in the add ins... carrots, raisins, coconut, and walnuts.
- Fold the ingredients into the batter.
- Take an ice-cream scoop and scoop out the batter into the muffin tray.
- Into the oven. Bake for 20-21 minutes max, or until the top is golden brown.
- Muffins are done. Enjoy them warm with a tad of butter on it, or jam.