15 Minute Caprese Portobello Mushroom Pesto Pizza is made with mushrooms, cheese, tomatoes, and basil. Healthy and delicious.
On a typical “good” day, I eat my carbs for breakfast and lunch, but when dinner rolls around, I tend to minimize my carb intake.
This strategy has helped me greatly in keeping my weight in check.
The low-carb pizza phenomenon has flooded Instagram, I'm talking Cauliflower Pizza, Zucchini Pizza, Eggplant Pizza, and of course, Mushroom Pizza. My inspiration for this Caprese Portabello Mushroom Pesto Pizza comes from CafeDelites, and Karina is the lady behind this wonderful blog.
Portabello mushrooms truly are the perfect substitute for meat since they are meaty in texture and tend to be filling, but the best part of all is they are low in calories. I’ve been excited to make this pizza for quite some time now because I LOVE mushrooms!
Just like always, I made a few changes by adding pesto, oregano, red pepper flakes, extra virgin olive oil, and parmesan cheese to my version of this pizza.
You guys have got to make this Caprese Portabello Mushroom Pesto Pizza. It's quick, easy, healthy, but more importantly, delicious too!
📖 Recipe Card
15 Minute Caprese Portabello Mushroom Pesto Pizza
for the garlic oil
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic smashed
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
for each mushroom pizza
- 1 portabello mushrooms remove stem, wipe mushroom with a damp cloth
- brush with garlic oil
- ½ tablespoon pesto I use homemade, you can use store bought
- 2 cherry tomatoes, per slice cherry tomato into threes
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese grated - top mushroom with enough cheese to cover
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese grated - top mushroom with enough cheese to cover
- sprinkle on top dried oregano
- to taste crushed red pepper
- small handful fresh basil julienne
- drizzle balsamic
- In a small bowl, combine extra virgin olive oil, garlic and ½ teaspoon of oregano. Set aside.
- Grate the parmesan and mozzarella cheese. Combine into the same bowl.
- Slice each cherry tomato into 3 slices. You will need 2 cherry tomatoes per mushroom.
- Remove the mushroom caps and wipe mushroom with a damp cloth.
- Start by spraying a baking tray with extra virgin olive oil. Brush mushrooms with Garlic Oil prepared earlier.
- Top with pesto.
- Top with cherry tomatoes and enough cheese to coat the mushroom.
- Into the oven, broil on high for 5-6 minutes.
- In the meantime, julienne some fresh basil.
- Once the pizza is done, top with oregano and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Garnish with fresh basil.
- Drizzle a little balsamic over the top. Serve immediately.
** The cheese amount in this recipe can be used for up to 4-5 mushrooms.