I call these my “make him fall in love with you Blueberry Coconut Pancakes.” Delicious, soft, fluffy pancakes.
They say a way to a man's heart is through his stomach, I can't say that it's completely true, but it certainly doesn't hurt.
When my husband and I were initially dating, I made him these delicious Blueberry Coconut Pancakes for brunch.
After the first bite he said, "these are the BEST pancakes I've ever had." Of course they were, they are made with butter, white flour and milk.
Back in the day when he was courting me, I cooked him mouthwatering meals without focusing much on health, well, you know, I was all about winning him over with my cooking skills (and my personality, of course). 🙂
As weeks turned into months and I fell for him more and more, I started cooking him healthier meals. So I made the same pancakes, but I swapped butter for coconut oil, white flour for whole wheat flour, and regular milk for almond milk.
This time, after the bite he said, "Nisha, these pancakes don't taste the way you normally make them." In my head I was thinking, "of course they don't, that's because I've fallen for you, won you over, and now I want you to eat better." Lollll.
Instead I rolled my eyes and played dumb, "it's the same recipe, nothing has changed." He continued to eat those Whole Wheat & Dairy Free Blueberry Coconut Pancakes, only this time he didn't go back for seconds. Ahhhh.. men and food. It never ends.
Hope you make these incredible Coconut Blueberry Pancakes on Pancake Sunday, go ahead, indulge a little, you never know who you may be winning over.
These pancakes are:
Soft & Fluffy
Less than 10 ingredients
Perfect Weekend Treat or Sunday Brunch
Blueberry Coconut Pancakes
- All Purpose White Flour - 1 ½ cups
- Baking Powder - 3 ½ tsp
- Salt - ½ tsp
- Brown Sugar in the Raw - 1 tbsp
- Reduced Fat 2% Milk - 1 ¼ cups
- Organic Egg - 1
- Unsalted Butter - 1 tbsp, melted
- Pure Vanilla Extract - ½ tsp
- Fresh Organic Blueberries - 1 cup
- Sweetened Coconut Flakes - 1 cup
- Coconut Oil Spray - for cooking pancakes, optional: butter
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients... flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Stir and set aside.</br>
- In a separate bowl/pyrex dish - combine the wet ingredients... milk, egg, vanilla, and melted butter. Stir well.</br>
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, now add the wet ingredients to the dry.</br>
- Mix, but DO NOT OVER MIX. The batter will form little bubbles and look a bit lumpy, this is OK.</br>
- Add coconut and fresh blueberries. Gently fold into batter.</br>
- Heat up a castiron skillet on low or low-medium heat. You can use a nonstick as well, but I prefer castiron. Once really hot, spray with Coconut Oil Spray.</br>
- Pour a ¼ cup of pancake batter onto the skillet.</br>
- I cooked two at a time. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the pancake is golden brown.</br>
- Flip. Cook 2-3 minutes until the pancake is cooked is golden brown. Make sure it is cooked in the center.</br>
- Place on plate. Repeat cooking process until there is no batter left. Serve immediately, top with real maple syrup, coconut, and fresh blueberries.</br>
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Tag @honeywhatscooking on Instagram and hashtag it #honeywhatscooking.
I love seeing your creations!