My mother-in-law made this dish during one of her visits. It was my first time trying Pumpkin subzi, it was so yummy! This dish has a slightly sweet and very spicy combination. It goes really well with plain Parathas or Roti. You will be pleasantly surprised.
NUTRITION: Pumpkin is rich in Vitamin A and Fiber.
- Oil - 1.5 tbsp
- Garlic - 2 cloves (chopped)
- Scallions - 1/4 cup (chopped)
- Onion - 1 small (chopped)
- Jeera Seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Kalonji Seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Dry Red Chili - 2 broken
- Green Chillies - 2 (sliced)
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Pumpkin - 2 lbs. (see image below)
- Salt to taste
1. Chop the garlic, scallions, and onion. Slice the green chillies.
2. Set aside the dry spices: cumin seeds, kalonji seeds, and dry red chili.