I’ve been out of town for almost two weeks. The one thing I terribly miss while on vacation is my morning routine, specifically speaking, oats, almond milk, nut butters and coffee.
I’ve gotten so accustomed to my routine that I actually look forward to coming back home so I can catch up on my shows and enjoy oatmeal and coffee on my couch. It's the simple things in life that bring the utmost joy.
During the winter I love a bowl of Hot Oatmeal, but during the summer it’s all about creamy Overnight Oats in a Jar.
Peaches and blueberries are a classic combo that I don’t combine often enough, so I decided to throw them both in for breakfast and made Peach Blueberry Chia Overnight Oats.
The result is creamy, delicious, healthy oats finished off with your favorite toppings.
For my version, I topped my oats with slivered almonds, peach, blueberries, coconut and a little drizzle of honey.
Hope you guys enjoy this very filling and satisfying breakfast as much as I did.
📖 Recipe Card
Peach Blueberry Chia Overnight Oats
for overnight oats
- ½ cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoon chia seeds
- ¾ cup almond milk, for overnight + splash of milk for later
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 peach, chopped, reserve a few pieces for garnish
- 2 tablespoon frozen blueberries
for the toppings
- few pieces peach, chopped
- couple of frozen blueberries
- few slivered almonds
- sprinkle shredded coconut
- a drizzle of honey
- Chop a peach and reserve a few pieces for garnish.
- In a jar, combine oats and chia seeds.
- Top with almond milk and vanilla.
- Top with peach and frozen blueberries. You can use fresh blueberries too.
- Mix well until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Cover with a jar and refrigerate overnight or at least 4 hours.
- The next day, this is what you should have.
- Add a splash of almond milk for creamier overnight oats.
- Divide the oats into 2 serving glasses.
- Finish it off with toppings. Serve immediately.
Pin for later!
What's your favorite way to prepare Overnight Oats in a Jar?