Healthy Almond Date Ladoo are a healthy and delicious treat for Diwali, or any time of year. They are so good and also good for you. Gluten-Free and Paleo.
When I first started dating my husband, there were many moments in our relationship I fell in love with him. The very first time I recall falling in love with him was when he did this “one” thing for me, it was something so small, but yet so big for me.
In the beginning of our relationship, he asked me what I was looking for in a person, to which I responded, “someone who makes my life easier and understands me.” Essentially, I wanted someone I could live with on a daily basis, and not just during the exciting and fun moments in life. I already knew the fun moments are easy, but everyday life is challenging. I was looking for my equal, better half, and partner in life.
This led us to discuss what everyday life would look like for us. So naturally, we talked about our sleeping habits, our eating habits, and how “desi” we are, and we all know I’m far more desi than he is. We also talked about chores and what we liked doing and what we hated doing. Of course, I told him that I loved cooking, and I didn’t mind doing the dishes because I usually clean as I go along. I also told him how much I hated emptying the dishwasher and doing my laundry (which was always piling up). On the contrary, Mr. Honey told me he loved to clean because he requires a clean home, and that he didn’t mind doing the laundry or emptying the dishwasher. In my head, I already knew we were the perfect match.
What he did?
So while he was visiting me in Jersey City on one of his many trips, I returned home from work one evening and opened the dishwasher to empty it, and to my surprise, it was already empty. I was SO happy, and excitedly said, “OMG, you emptied the dishwasher?” He responded, “I know you hate emptying it and I just wanted to make your life easier.” He couldn’t believe how happy I was because of his one little gesture. It brought me more happiness than any gift he could possibly give me.
It was such a small thing, but yet such a big thing to me because it showed me this guy really listened and was willing to do the little things to make me happy. I’m a firm believer that it’s the little things in a relationship that lead to long term happiness, and not the material things. Love is all about giving, whether it’s giving in a marriage, or in a friendship. There are so many more moments I can share, but for now my friends, this was the very first time I fell in love with my husband (aka Mr. Honey). ?
Sharing with you this Healthy Almond Date Ladoo (aka Badam Ladoo) made with only 1 tablespoon of ghee. It’s healthy, gluten-free, and paleo approved. Make it this Diwali if you’re looking for a delicious and healthy treat, and yes, it’s Hubby Approved.
healthy almond date ladoo is:
Refined Sugar Free
Perfect for Diwali
Good for you
Loaded with Good Fats
how to make healthy almond date ladoo step by step?
Roast & Grind
1. Soak the dates in hot water for 10-15 minutes.
2. In the meantime, heat a pan on medium heat, once hot, add ghee and then followed by almonds and cashews.
3. Saute the nuts for about 4-7 minutes. Note, the cashews will cook faster than the almonds so be careful.
4. Once done, add the nuts to a food processor.
5. Pulse a few times until crumbly, but don’t overmix this else you’ll end up with nut butter. Remove the crumbled nuts and set aside.
6. Now pulse the soaked dates (without water).
7. Add the nut mixture back to the food processor. Also add – maca powder, cardamom, and a pinch of salt.
8. Transfer the nut mixture to a bowl.
9. Add chia seeds.
1. Using a mini-scoop, take 2 scoops of the nut mixture in the palm of your hand.
2. Press the mixture until it forms into a ball.
3. Like this. Now roll it to make sure it’s perfectly round.
5. Refrigerate for 1/2 hour or more, then enjoy!
Healthy Almond Date Ladoo (whole30, paleo, gluten-free, eggless)
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1/2 cup organic almonds
- 1/2 cup organic cashews
- 1/2 cup organic medjool dates, ~ about 6 dates
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 2 tbsp maca powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp organic chia seeds
Roast & Grind
- Soak the dates in hot water for 10-15 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat a pan on medium heat, once hot, add ghee and then followed by almonds and cashews.
- Saute the nuts for about 4-7 minutes. Note, the cashews will cook faster than the almonds so be careful.
- Once done, add the nuts to a food processor.
- Pulse a few times until crumbly, but don't overmix this else you'll end up with nut butter. Remove the crumbled nuts and set aside.
- Now pulse the soaked dates (without water).
- Add the nut mixture back to the food processor. Also add - maca powder, cardamom, and a pinch of salt.
- Transfer the nut mixture to a bowl.
- Add chia seeds.
- Using a mini-scoop, take 2 scoops of the nut mixture in the palm of your hand.
- Press the mixture until it forms into a ball.
- Like this. Now roll it to make sure it's perfectly round.
- Refrigerate for 1/2 hour or more, then enjoy!