Life is all about moments. As I sit back and enjoy my cuppa along with a Biscoff biscuit from Europe, I am effortlessly tracing back to all those moments that were so special to me while I was on vacation. I hope this post will encourage you to think back to those moments in your life where you wanted time to simply stand still.
1. My first cup of Cafe con Leche in Madrid at the famous La Mallorquina Bakery. It was amazing, there are no words to describe it.
2. Two elderly women slow dancing together at Puerta del Sol in Madrid. It was nice to see people of all ages and races come together.
3. Sevilla's Santa Cruz district during the evening hours where everyone was out drinking wine, enjoying good food, and in good company.
4. On a gorgeous day in Barcelona I went shopping alone. I walked around for a couple hours and absorbed all the beauty this beautiful city had to offer. Nothing beats shopping in perfect weather in my book.
5. Enjoying a cup of Cafe au Lait and a macaron on the French Riviera in Nice… it is the perfect treat that epitomizes France and all that it is.
6. Strolling on Promenade des Anglais during the twilight hours with my husband enjoying a wonderful breeze and hearing the waves lightly crash on the Mediterranean Sea in Nice.
7. The breathtaking views of Eze Village... in all my living life, I have never seen anything so magnificent, beautiful, well preserved with insanely gorgeous views. This is me…
8. The best Italian meal I ever had in my life, and I had to fly all the way to France to experience it. Best Italian meal in France? Really? Penne alla' Arrabriata with kalamata olives was to die for at Le Milo', Nice. Holy $#@&, I have never tasted anything quite like it. Yes, I will be re-creating this dish at home.
9. Upon arrival to the Cinque Terre region on the Italian Riviera, I enjoyed my first cup of cappuccino along with some pesto bruschetta at Monterosso al Mare. I couldn't believe something so simple could taste so amazing and fresh.
10. Hiking on the "Lovers Walk" with my husband between the 2 villages, Riomaggiore and Manarola, over the Mediterranean Sea. The sea was so vast and so much larger than I. At that point everything else in the world seemed so small and so remote.
11. At the Monterosso train station I sat at a coffee shop enjoying a cup of cappuccino and absorbing a breathtaking view of Monterosso. I want to retire in Monterosso someday - I absolutely love Italy, the Italians know how to live!!!
12. In Rapallo, I watched a 70+ year old woman biking on the cutest bike with a basket (the lady in blue). She made her way to her 2 elderly friends, got off her bike, and started chit chatting with them. It made me realize this is the life I want for myself someday when I am 70+ and hopefully I'll be in good shape and still have all my loved ones in my life so I too can bike my way to them and GOSSIP. These women were just the cutest.
13. In Rapallo, watching my final sunrise from my balcony… it was so beautiful, I didn’t feel ready to leave, but alas, all good things come to an end!
TELL ME: Share some of your favorite moments from this past week!