Fig Almond & Cardamom Oatmeal
A perfect bowl of hot oatmeal infused with Indian spices and flavors. Oats are low in fat and a good source of Fiber and Protein. Almond Milk is Vegan, contains no cholesterol, and is loaded with Vitamins, Nutrients, and Antioxidants with high levels of Vitamin E. Figs are a good source of Fiber and Vitamin B6. Cardamom is known to have anti-cancerous properties and helps counteract digestive problems. Chia Seeds are rich in Omega-3 Fatty Acids, Fiber, Antioxidants and Protein.
Servings 2 servings
- <b>for oatmeal:</b>
- Organic Old-Fashioned Oats - 3/4 cup
- Organic 365 Everyday Value Unsweetened Almond Milk - 1 1/2 cups
- Water - 1 1/2 cups
- Ground Cardamom - 1/2 tsp - 3/4 tsp
- Ground Cinnamon - 1/4 tsp
- Rosewater - 1 tsp
- <b>toppings per person:</b>
- Figs - 2 to 3 sliced horizontally
- Shredded Coconut - about 1 tbsp
- Organic Chia Seeds - 1 tsp
- Slivered Almonds - 1 to 2 tbsp
- On medium heat, add oats, almond milk and water.
- Add ground cardamom and cinnamon, and rosewater. Stir.
- This is what you'll have after 5 minutes or so.
- Cook the oatmeal for another 10 minutes, this is what you should have. Thick and creamy oatmeal.
- Split the oatmeal between 2 bowls.
- Add the toppings. Enjoy!
What are your favorite oatmeal toppings? Have you ever tried cardamom in oatmeal?