Eggless Marble Cake is a vanilla and chocolate cake that's moist and delicious. This cake pairs perfectly with a cup of hot masala chai.
My mom was never big into baking, but growing up, this Marble Cake was the only cake she ever made. This cake was her specialty.
What is Eggless Marble Cake?
I love Marble Cake. It's a combination of both vanilla and chocolate, so whether you're a vanilla or chocolate lover, this cake will win anyone over. This Eggless Marble Cake pairs perfectly with a cup of hot Masala Chai.
Can I make this recipe vegan, gluten-free?
For a vegan option: You will need vegan butter and vegan sweetened condensed milk.
For a gluten-free option: You will need to replace regular white flour with gluten-free flour.
Can I replace water with milk?
Yes! For a creamier texture, you can absolutely replace water with milk. I didn't because this cake already has butter and condensed milk, so it's creamy enough.
Tips on making Eggless Marble Cake:
- Gather all the ingredients you will need.
- Make sure the butter is at room temperature.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a medium-size bowl.
- Cream the butter and sugar until it's light and creamy.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet alternating with water.
- Once the batter is done, split it in half. Add cocoa powder to half the batter.
- When transferring the batter to a baking dish, alternate between vanilla and chocolate.
Ingredients you’ll need for Eggless Marble Cake:
Baking Soda / Baking Powder
Unsalted Butter: Butter should be at room temperature and be unsalted.
Sweetened Condensed Milk
Pure Vanilla Extract
Vinegar: This will help the cake rise. You will need white distilled vinegar.
Eggless Marble Cake is:
Perfect with Chai
Ideal for Mother's Day
Great for Indian Holidays
How to make Eggless Marble Cake recipe step by step?
Pin & Enjoy!
More Eggless Cake Recipes!
- Eggless Condensed Milk Cake
- Eggless Mawa Cake
- Chocolate Depression Cake with Mocha Buttercream
- Gajar ka Halwa
- Banana Bread Ras Malai Mousse
Eggless Marble CakeEggless
- 1 ¼ cup + 2 tablespoon all purpose white flour
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoon sugar you can use 3 or 4 tablespoon to increase the sweetness
- 14 ounces can of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- ¾ cup cold water or milk for more creaminess
- 2 tablespoon cocao powder
- 2 tablespoon milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 7" x 11" baking tray with butter or cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients... flours, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt
- In a separate bowl, combine the room temperature butter and sugar on high speed until well combined.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk can into the creamed butter mixture.
- Add vanilla and vinegar.
- Blend for a few seconds on medium-high speed until well combined. Now add flour and water in 3 to 4 parts, starting and ending with the dry. Add ⅓ of the flour, and blend on low until well incorporated.
- Now add the water. Blend until well combined. DO NOT OVERMIX. Be extra careful since this is an eggless cake.
- Once the batter is ready, split the batter in half. Add cocoa powder and whole milk to half the batter.
- Pour the batter into a baking dish alternating between vanilla and chocolate. Simply pour a little of the vanilla, then chocolate, then vanilla, and so on.
- Using a knife, form little swirls in the cake. Place in the oven for 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown. I baked my cake for 33 minutes.
- Once baked, cut into 24 squares.
Love this ! Making it for the second time with walnuts 😍
This marble cake is sooo good! Super impressed with how fluffy it is and it has the perfect amount of sweetness for me. Followed the recipe exactly, super simple. Thank you!
Thanks Rani. It's the right amount of sweetness for me too. So glad you liked it.
Made this cake for Thanksgiving and it was a hit with my eggless family.
I used only 2 tablespoons of sugar to control the sweetness (recipe says can go to up 4)
Also added in 1 tablespoon of instant coffee mix into the chocolate batter to help bring out more of the chocolate flavour.
Finished it off with a simple orange glaze. It was divine!
The cake stayed moist for a few days but warming it up in the microwave (15 secs) gives it a nice warmth.
Thank you so much for this recipe that I will make again and again!!