Anyway, I'm exhausted today! I barely slept and I have to work, so naturally, I worked from home and felt inspired to make myself a smoothie. I decided to make a Blueberry Banana Smoothie with yogurt and water. I skipped the pomegranate juice because I believe a lot of juices have unnecessary sugar and calories, not to mention they contain High Fructose Corn Syrup and artificial sweeteners that are so bad for you. Basically what I'm saying is I eat the real thing and avoid juices. The Blueberry Banana Smoothie needed a touch of sweetness so I added 3 teaspoons of Agave; it's this new craze my brother got me into. The smoothie was so good and guiltless... you'll shed the weight without even knowing it. 🙂
NUTRITION: Blueberries are a very good source of Vitamin C and Fiber. They are a good source of Vitamin E. In addition, blueberries are an ANTIOXIDANT POWERHOUSE, substances that can slow down the aging process.
Bananas are a very good source of Vitamin B6. They are also a good source of Vitamin C and Fiber.
Yogurt adds some Calcium and Protein to this smoothie.
INGREDIENTS (makes 1 serving):
- Blueberries - ½ cup (rinsed)
- Banana - 1 medium (diced)
- Ice Cubes - 3
- Yogurt - 2 dollups (shown below)
- Water - ¼ cup
- Agave - 2 to 3 teaspoon (I used 3 tsp); If you don't have Agave, use Honey/Sugar.
1. Here are the main ingredients.
3. Slice and add the banana to the Magic Bullet.
4. Add ice cubes.
5. Add yogurt - 2 dollups.
6. Add water.
7. Blend. I LOVE MY MAGIC BULLET!
8. At this point you can choose to add Agave. Agave is a much better alternative to sugar. If you don't have Agave, you can use Honey or Sugar instead.
9. Blend again after adding Agave.
10. Pour and serve! Absolutely delicious and guiltless.