On a stormy Cinco de Mayo night, I decided to stay in and cook. I made this healthy Black Bean Corn Avocado Salad.
Believe me, I would have much rather dined at a Mexican restaurant sipping a mango margarita on the rocks, eating some fresh guacamole, and indulging in smoky chicken enchiladas, but I just couldn't get myself to go out in the pouring rain. Laziness - that's me!
Staying in was the right decision as sometimes cooking is therapeutic for me, especially after a long work week.
Once I turned on my Instrumental Spanish Guitar Music, I was most certainly relaxed and ready to cook.
The menu consisted of grilled chicken tacos and chicken nachos along with this delicious Black Bean Corn & Avocado Salad.
This salad was the only healthy item of the night, and so incredibly refreshing and flavorsome.
The only thing I missed were the margaritas, but I'll make up for it soon. Hope you all had a wonderful Cinco de Mayo!
15 Minute Black Bean, Corn & Avocado SaladVegan, Gluten-free
- 15 ounces black beans, canned, drained & rinsed
- 1 ½ cup frozen corn
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 stalks scallions, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded & chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 small handful cilantro, chopped
- 1 juice of fresh lime
- 2 tablespoon vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, or more to taste
- sprinkle of paprika for garnish
- In a large bowl, add the black beans, corn, tomatoes, onion, scallions, and jalapeno.
- Chop cilantro and add to the mix. Toss.
- Chop avocado and add to the mix. Gently toss so the avocado doesn't break.
- Add the lime juice, vinegar, salt, and black pepper.
- Garnish with paprika.
I love black beans! This looks like the perfect mixture of delicious ingredients!
Thanks Bethany. So glad to hear that. IT's so light and refreshing, perfect for summer.
Thanks Bethany. So glad to hear that and hope you try it. 🙂
I love it . It looks refreshing . I can't wait to make this for dinner
It definitely is Jhiane, makes a great side.
I love fresh salsas with cilantro. So fresh in spring and summer. Yum!
Yes, you and I both. I loveeee cilantro in Mexican dishes. So glad I don't have an issue with it tasting like soap. 🙂