On a stormy Cinco de Mayo night, I decided to stay in and cook. I made this healthy Black Bean Corn Avocado Salad.
Believe me, I would have much rather dined at a Mexican restaurant sipping a mango margarita on the rocks, eating some fresh guacamole, and indulging in smoky chicken enchiladas, but I just couldn’t get myself to go out in the pouring rain. Laziness – that’s me!
Staying in was the right decision as sometimes cooking is therapeutic for me, especially after a long work week.
Once I turned on my Instrumental Spanish Guitar Music, I was most certainly relaxed and ready to cook.
The menu consisted of grilled chicken tacos and chicken nachos along with this delicious Black Bean Corn & Avocado Salad.
This salad was the only healthy item of the night, and so incredibly refreshing and flavorsome.
The only thing I missed were the margaritas, but I’ll make up for it soon. Hope you all had a wonderful Cinco de Mayo!
15 Minute Black Bean, Corn & Avocado Salad (healthy, vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, high protein, high fiber)
- Organic Black Beans - 1-15 ounce can, drained & rinsed
- Organic Frozen Corn - 1 1/2 cups
- Plum Tomatoes - 1, chopped
- Onion - 1 small, chopped
- Scallions - 3 stems, chipped
- Jalapeno - 1, deseeded & chopped
- Avocado - 1, chopped
- Cilantro - 1 small handful, chopped
- Juice of Lime - 1
- Vinegar - 2 tbsp
- Salt - 1/4 tsp, or more to taste
- Black Pepper - 1/4 tsp, or more to taste
- Paprika - for garnish
- In a large bowl, add the black beans, corn, tomatoes, onion, scallions, and jalapeno.
- Chop cilantro and add to the mix. Toss.
- Chop avocado and add to the mix. Gently toss so the avocado doesn't break.
- Add the lime juice, vinegar, salt, and black pepper.
- Garnish with paprika.
Pin for later!
What did you do/eat this past Cinco de Mayo?