On a stormy Cinco de Mayo night, I decided to stay in and cook. I made this healthy Black Bean Corn Avocado Salad.
Believe me, I would have much rather dined at a Mexican restaurant sipping a mango margarita on the rocks, eating some fresh guacamole, and indulging in smoky chicken enchiladas, but I just couldn't get myself to go out in the pouring rain. Laziness - that's me!
Staying in was the right decision as sometimes cooking is therapeutic for me, especially after a long work week.
Once I turned on my Instrumental Spanish Guitar Music, I was most certainly relaxed and ready to cook.
The menu consisted of grilled chicken tacos and chicken nachos along with this delicious Black Bean Corn & Avocado Salad.
This salad was the only healthy item of the night, and so incredibly refreshing and flavorsome.
The only thing I missed were the margaritas, but I'll make up for it soon. Hope you all had a wonderful Cinco de Mayo!
📖 Recipe Card
15 Minute Black Bean, Corn & Avocado Salad
- 15 ounces black beans, canned, drained & rinsed
- 1 ½ cup frozen corn
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 stalks scallions, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded & chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 small handful cilantro, chopped
- 1 juice of fresh lime
- 2 tablespoon vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, or more to taste
- sprinkle of paprika for garnish
- In a large bowl, add the black beans, corn, tomatoes, onion, scallions, and jalapeno.
- Chop cilantro and add to the mix. Toss.
- Chop avocado and add to the mix. Gently toss so the avocado doesn't break.
- Add the lime juice, vinegar, salt, and black pepper.
- Garnish with paprika.