Healthy & flavorsome Baked Chipotle Lime Salmon with Mango Salsa. This meal takes only 30 minutes to prepare and is the perfect weeknight meal
I think this Lunar Eclipse has got me feeling all kinds of feels. This past week was rough. Part of it was just me being moody, and the other half was life happening.
I’ve been missing my family and friends more than usual. Just meeting for a quick cup of coffee is no longer an option.
I’ll be honest, the best part of my day is cooking dinner and sharing what I make with you guys on Instagram Stories. It truly brings me so much joy, and in turn my husband is happy too since he gets a home-cooked meal. 🙂
It’s nice to be part of a community with like-minded people who share the same passion as me. I want to thank you all for supporting me and giving me a purpose. If it weren’t for my blog and you guys, I would be lost.
I’ve loved creating dinner recipes living here in SoCal. There’s definitely been a shift in the way I cook from when I was single to now. I’m sure you’ve noticed fewer eggs for dinner, and more real meals.
That’s what happens when you’re cooking for a man, you start catering to their taste cause eggs for dinner aren’t gonna cut it. Thank heavens he cleans though. 🙂
This Mexican inspired Baked Chipotle Lime Salmon with Mango Salsa is absolutely incredible. You’ll want to get up and salsa, and the perfect pick me up meal. Give it a try and you’ll know what I’m talking about.
This recipe is…
Low-Carb (skip the rice)
Paleo (skip the rice)
Sweet & Spicy
Takes less than 30 minutes
Perfect Weeknight Meal
Baked Chipotle Lime Salmon with Mango Salsa (healthy, gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo)
- <b>for the salmon</b>
- 1 pound of salmon slice four fillets
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp honey
- zest of 1 lime
- juice of 1 lime
- 1.5 tsp chipotle powder
- 1/4 tsp salt more if need be
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- <b>mango salsa</b>
- 1 ripe mango diced (should be a little over 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped
- 1/3 cup jalapeno deseeded & chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.</br></br>
- Make the marinade. Begin by chopping the garlic.</br></br>
- Add the following marinade ingredients to a small bowl... olive oil, garlic, cumin powder, honey, zest of lime, fresh lime juice, chipotle powder, salt and black pepper. Mix. Set aside.</br></br>
- Now make the mango salsa. Chop the red onion, cilantro, and jalapeno.</br></br>
- In a bowl, add the diced mango.</br></br>
- Add the remaining ingredients for the mango salsa... red onion, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice and salt.</br></br>
- Stir well and set aside.</br></br>
- Wash and pat dry the salmon. Place on a foiled tray.</br></br>
- Top a spoonful of marinade over each piece of salmon. Do this until there is no more marinade left.</br></br>
- Spread the marinade.</br></br>
- This is what you should have.</br></br>
- Into the oven for 14 minutes exactly.</br></br>
- Once done, make sure the salmon is pink inside instead of red.</br>
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Tag @honeywhatscooking on Instagram and hashtag it #honeywhatscooking.
I love seeing your creations!