15 minute Quick & healthy Zucchini Noodles with Olives, Marinara and Goat Cheese!
Is it fall yet? With temperatures in the 80s here in New York City, it sure feels like summer, and thus I’ll continue making summer dishes while fresh produce is available.
Truth. I haven’t invested into a Inspiralizer yet.
What’s the point when you can pick up a 16 ounce box of fresh zucchini noodles at Whole Foods for just $5. I know!
These Creamy Zucchni Noodles with Marinara and Goat Cheese are absolutely amazing! I couldn’t put my fork down, I kid you not.
The secret is in the sauce, and definitely top it off with some crumbled goat cheese for that tart and creamy flavor.
Hope you guys try this delicious dish that comes together in just 15 minutes. Enjoy!
Zucchini Noodles with Olives, Marinara and Goat Cheese (gluten-free, healthy, low-carb, vegetarian)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 1 tbsp
- Crushed Red Pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Garlic - 3 cloves chopped
- Fresh Zucchini Noodles - 1 16 ounce package
- Salt - to taste not a lot
- Black Pepper - to taste
- Marinara Sauce - 12 ounces 1/2 a jar - I used Rao's Marinara
- Kalamata Olives - 7 pieces
- Fresh Basil - handful julienne
- Trader Joe's Herb Goat Cheese - crumble some on top
- Chop up the garlic.</br></br>
- Heat up a skillet on medium heat. Once hot, add extra virgin olive oil followed by crushed red pepper.
- Once the pepper flakes sizzle, add garlic and cook for only 10 seconds to prevent burning.
- Add the zucchini noodles and toss. Allow the noodles to cook for 3-5 minutes while stirring in between.
- In a separate pot on high heat, heat up half a jar of your favorite marinara sauce.
- Add a few olives for extra flavor.
- Cover with a lid so it heats up quick.
- In the meantime, julienne fresh basil leaves. Set aside.
- Check on the zucchini noodles, should be done. Season with very little salt and some black pepper. The jarred marinara sauce will have enough salt.
- Once the sauce is done. Add the desired amount of sauce to your zoodles.
- Top with fresh basil.</br></br>
- Garnish with desired amount of goat cheese. Serve immediately.
** For additional protein, top with a fried egg, salmon or grilled chicken.
*** For Vegan option, omit cheese.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Tag @honeywhatscooking on Instagram and hashtag it #honeywhatscooking.
I love seeing your creations!
Pin Zucchini Noodles with Olives, Marinara & Goat Cheese