And yet, another Gobi dish. I bring you this mouthwatering dish my Mum taught me how to make. I couldn't believe how easy this was with loads of flavor. You literally need 3 main ingredients... cauliflower, ginger, and green chilly. This is a simple fry dish cooked in ginger and North Indian spices. I made this dish for 2, and there were no leftovers. For all you beginners out there, this is a great dish to try. Serve with roti. Hope you love it!
NUTRITION: Cauliflower is an excellent source of Vitamin C, Vitamin K, and Fiber. It is a very good source of Omega 3 Fatty Acids and Folic Acid.
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Cauliflower - 1 head (cut into florets)
- Ginger - 1 inch piece (finely chopped)
- Green Chilly - 1 (finely chopped)
- Cumin Seeds - ¾ tsp
- Turmeric Powder - ¼ tsp
- Coriander Powder - ½ tsp
- Red Chili Powder - ¼ tsp
- MDH Garam Masala - ½ tsp
- salt to taste
- Fresh Coriander Leaves - for garnish
1. Here is what you will need.
2. Chop the ginger and green chilli. Cut the cauliflower into florets.
3. Heat a wok type pot on medium heat (dial #5). Add oil. Add cumin seeds and turmeric powder. Saute for 1 minute or until the cumin seeds darken.
4. Add the ginger and green chilli. Saute for 30 seconds.
5. Add the cauliflower. Combine. Allow this to cook for 10 minutes, or until the cauliflower starts to lightly brown.
6. Add the red chili powder, coriander powder, and salt. Combine.
7. Lower the heat - dial #3. Cover and cook for 30 minutes, or until the cauliflower becomes soft and tender. Keep stirring in between.
8. This is what you should have after 30-35 minutes. The cauliflower should be very soft, and some florets will be golden.
9. Add the garam masala and cook for 2 minutes. Season with more salt as needed.
10. Verdict? You decide!