- I used ½ cup of All Purpose Flour and ½ cup of Whole Wheat Pastry Flour. This adds some fiber to the cake without altering the taste of the cake.
- I used 2% milk. I am not sure if the recipe calls for Regular Milk, I believe 2% milk will give you the desired results.
- Instead of 1 cup of sugar, I used ¾ cup of sugar. I thought 1 cup of sugar for 1 cup of flour may be too sweet for my liking. So use, ¾ cup of sugar.
- I used 1.5 teaspoons of Vanilla Extract.
- I did not use Honey or any Lemon/Orange zest, although the zest would add tons of flavor, without the fat! Really good idea.
- I used a Loaf Pan, instead of an 8x8 pan. My information is based on 8 generous slices. An 8x8 pan will yield 16 small slices. To obtain the nutritional value for an 8x8 pan, cut the Nutrition in half. (see below)
APPROXIMATE NUTRITION PER SERVING (yields 8 generous slices)
Calories: 171 cals
Fat: 4.4 g
Saturated Fat: 2.2 g
Carbs: 31 g
Protein: 3.5 g
Fiber: 1 g
- All Purpose Flour - ½ cup
- Whole Wheat Pastry Flour - ½ cup
- Salt - ¼ tsp
- Butter - 2 tbsp (room temperature)
- 2% Milk - ½ cup (Hot Milk)
- Eggs - 2 (room temperature)
- Sugar - ¾ cup
- Vanilla Extract - 1.5 tsp