NUTRITION: Milk is an excellent source of Calcium. You can opt to use 1% or 2% milk when making this which will bring down the fat.
INGREDIENTS (makes 1 cup):
- Water – 1 cup
- Ginger – 1/2 inch piece (chopped)
- Clove – 1
- Red Label Loose Indian Tea Leaves – 1.5 tsp (or use any black tea… tetley, twinnings, darjeeling)
- 2% Milk – 1/4 cup
- Sugar to taste
1. On medium heat, heat a pot of water. I measured 1 cup exactly.
2. In the meantime, take a piece of ginger and chop it. Set aside the clove.
3. Once the water forms little bubbles, add the ginger and clove to the pot of water.
4. After a few minutes, add the Red Label Tea Leaves.
5. The water will start to boil, the color of the water will darken. Wait another minute.
6. Now add the milk.
TIP: If you use 1% milk, you will need a bit more than 1/4 cup for the right consistency, if you use Regular milk, you will need a bit less. Don’t use Skim Milk, it’ll taste diluted.
7. Allow the tea to come to a boil. This will only take a couple minutes, so stay close.
8. Once bubbles form and the tea starts to rise, turn off the gas.
9. Pour thru a strainer.
10. Add sugar to taste. This cuppa will temporarily heal you.