An all time favorite brownie recipe without an insane amount of butter - David Lebovitz's Absolute Best Brownies!
Hello, my sweet love! This is the kind of love that makes me feel better no matter what's going on in my life, even if it's in a form of a brownie.
Oh they look so innocuous and guilt-free, but they really aren't. 🙂
So normally I am a stickler about reducing the fat and all, but this time since I had a tough audience to please, I decided to bake the full fat version of these brownies without any alterations.
Plus these brownies are so hyped up all over the internet and I figured I should get in on the hype.
And I'm so glad I did! So if you are happy, these brownies will make you feel so much more joy. And if you are singing the blues, these brownies will brighten your day and make you smile.
In short, these brownies are amazing! Thank you David Lebovitz, an American living the sweet life in Paris! And a special thanks to my niece, Rhea, for doing all the dirty work! I'm training her. 🙂
David Lebovitz'... Absolute Best Brownies
- 6 tablespoon Kerry Gold unsalted grass-fed butter
- 1 cup 6 ounces Ghirardelli bittersweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 organic large eggs
- ¼ cup white all purpose flour
- a pinch of salt
- 1 cup walnuts, dry roasted, then chopped
- Start by dry roasting the walnuts. Once you smell the aroma and they start browning, remove them from the heat.
- Once cooled, roughly chop the walnuts.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a baking tray with coconut oil spray, and line with parchment paper.
- In a pot on low heat, combine butter and chocolate chips.
- Mix until smooth and silky as follows:
- Remove from the heat and add sugar and vanilla extract.
- Using a whisk, mix the batter for a few minutes until the batter is smooth.
- Once the batter is cool, add egg one at a time. DO NOT ADD EGGS TO HOT CHOCOLATE ELSE IT WILL SCRAMBLE. Mix in between.
- This is what you should have once both eggs are added and well mixed. The batter should no longer be grainy, but smooth and glossy.
- Add flour. Mix until the flour is well incorporated, but do not over mix.
- Add walnuts and fold.
- Pour batter into the baking tray.
- Into the oven. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes. I baked mine for 25 minutes for a more gooey effect. DO NOT OVER BAKE.
- Out of the oven. Cut into 16 square.
Came across your food blog recently and I'm hooked to it ever since 🙂
I really like the way you narrate a background story before explaining the recipe and also the step by step images.
Although I have never baked anything before, your dessert recipes have really inspired me to give it a try.
Can you post dessert recipes which can be done using a microwave?
Thanks and have a nice day! 🙂
@Anonymous - good question. I have never baked a cake in the microwave, however I believe there are other blogs out there that do. It's something I'd have to look into, but always resort to baking something in the oven. 🙁 Sorry.
Mmmmmm...delicious!! I have never tried this version of brownie, but with a 5/5 rating I think I need too! Yummy...I can't wait to give them a try! 🙂
The brownies look fantastic!
What can we replace for egg? Loved the recipe, just that we don't eat eggs..so looking for a substitute. Plz suggest. Thank you!! Love ur receipes...
Dhanya Tharakan says
Hi- quick question, been wanting to make these, but can I substitute the bittersweet chips for semi sweet? if so, would i have to reduce the amount of sugar? thanks
These are the best brownies I made and my 5 year old daughter said that mom these are the best ones you made.
The most perfect ones..
Saneeta Mathew says
Again another easy and super delicious recipe! Superhit in the house.