I’ve always struggled with lower belly bloat, ya know, that problem area for most women.
No matter how much I worked out and ate right, it just never seemed to go away. They say abs are made in the kitchen and I totally believe that.
I started to experiment with certain foods that may have been causing my belly bloat, foods such as, broccoli, brussels sprouts, oatmeal, banana, grainy carbs, however I didn’t have much luck.
And then one day I decided to try the gluten-free fad, and BOOM, my belly bloat went down to half its size. Finally! After all these years, I figured it out! Imagine my relief! It’s not like I’m allergic to gluten or anything, but for some reason I bloat after eating gluten.
Nowadays I experiment with gluten-free dishes as I aim to eat more quinoa, farro, barley, and brown rice, instead of regular wheat breads and pastas.
And with that, here is my version of the trending Cauliflower Fried Rice. It’s healthy, delicious, gluten-free and will keep you full longer. Enjoy!
Cauliflower Fried Rice (healthy, low carb, gluten free, dairy free)
- Sunflower Oil - 1 tbsp
- Garlic - 3 cloves, chopped
- Ginger - 2 inch piece, chopped
- Onion - 1 small, chopped
- Organic Eggs - 2
- Trader Joe's Cauliflower Rice - 1-16. ounce bag
- Organic Frozen Carrots & Peas - 1 cup
- Organic Frozen Corn - 1/2 cup
- Low-Sodium Soy Sauce - 2 tbsp
- Rice Wine Vinegar - 1 tbsp
- Siracha - 1 tbsp
- Scallions - 1/2 cup, chopped
- Toasted Sesame Oil - 1 tsp
- Garlic Powder - 1 tsp
- Black Pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Salt - just a pinch, don't overdo it since soy sauce has salt
- Chop the garlic, ginger and onion.
- Heat up a wok on medium-high heat. Once hot, add oil. Add ginger and garlic. Saute for 20 seconds.
- Add onion. Saute for a couple minutes.
- Crack 2 eggs over the onion.
- Keep stirring the eggs for a minute or so. They may stick to your wok, that's okay.
- Add the cauliflower fried rice (I used Trader Joe's).
- Stir and let the cauliflower crisp up - about 5 minutes.
- Set aside your frozen ingredients - peas, carrots and corn.
- Once the cauliflower is done, add the frozen veggies. Also add soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and siracha. Stir. Let the cauliflower cook for about 5 minutes until hot.
- In the meantime, chop the scallions.
- Once the fried rice is done, add the scallions. Stir.
- Add a teaspoon of toasted sesame oil.
- Top with garlic powder, black pepper and a touch of salt (if need be).
- On the side I sauteed some bok choy in extra virgin olive oil and garlic. (optional)
- Serve immediately.
Pin for later!
Have you made Cauliflower Fried Rice? How do you make yours? Thoughts?