A light and delicious twist on Caprese Noodles. Caprese Zucchini Noodles prepared with just a few simple ingredients and a secret ingredient.
I wondered what it would be like going back home after 3 months. Would I miss California? Would I hate being in New Jersey? And would I miss those beautiful sunsets? Would the gloomy east coast weather get to me?
The answer to those questions… none of the above! I do miss my husband though, terribly. Now only if I could convince him to move to the east coast and then all would be well again. 🙂 Aside from him, I was hoping I would miss California, but I don’t. The idea I’ll be feeling this way for a while makes me sad.
My transition was going so well, that is until I came home and realized what “home” is supposed to feel like. One word, familiar.
Seeing my family and friends again felt so good. Being able to talk to my friends about anything and everything without having a filter felt cathartic. Driving around and knowing exactly where to go without relying on Google maps felt liberating. Everything was familiar. I was finally home.
I wonder at what point California will begin to feel like home. After speaking to people in similar situations, some say it takes a few years, while others say it takes many years. Your expert advice is always welcome. 🙂
Now on a happy note, I’m sharing with you these Caprese Zucchini Noodles with a secret ingredient – balsamic glaze. The glaze adds a hint of sweetness in the background that will leave you wondering what in the world is that.
Feel free to customize this dish, skip the cheese and go vegan, or throw in some chicken/tofu/fish for protein. So good and it only takes 15 minutes to make. Enjoy!
These Caprese Zucchini Noodles are:
Healthy-ish (skip the cheese for a healthy dish)
Vegan (skip the cheese and they taste just as good)
Quick and Easy Meal
15 Minute Meal
Easy to Customize (go vegan, add protein)
Light & Delicious
Caprese Zucchini Noodles (7 ingredients, low-carb, gluten-free, healthy-ish, vegan option)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1 10 ounce package of fresh zucchini noodles
- 1 tbsp balsamic glaze, I got mine at Trader Joe's
- 1/4 cup - 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, julienne
- more black pepper to taste
- Chop the garlic, slice the tomatoes and julienne fresh basil leaves.</br></br>
- Grate parmesan cheese. Set aside.</br></br>
- Heat a skillet on medium heat, once hot, add olive oil and crushed red pepper flakes. Cook for a few seconds.</br></br>
- Add the cherry tomatoes and garlic. Saute for about 3-5 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.</br></br>
- Add the zucchini noodles and cook for about 3 minutes. Don't overcook the zucchini as it will get soggy.</br></br>
- Add the balsamic glaze. Toss for a few seconds.</br></br>
- Immediately after, add parmesan cheese and fresh basil. Turn off the stove.</br></br>
- Toss. Season with additional black pepper if need be.</br></br>
- Serve immediately.</br></br>
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Tag @honeywhatscooking on Instagram and hashtag it #honeywhatscooking.
I love seeing your creations!