Bhindi Fry – okra sauteed with onions and Indian spices.
Bhindi Fry is my second favorite subzi.
The sad part is, no matter how much quantity of okra you make, there will never be enough of it.
My mom makes this dish often, it’s simple and requires minimal ingredients.
Hope you enjoy this Bhindi Fry as much as I did.
This recipe is:
Low-Carb (skip the roti/naan)
Easy to Make
Only 7 Ingredients
Bhindi Fry | Okra sauteed with onions and spices (vegan, gluten-free, paleo, healthy, 7 ingredients)
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 small-medium onion chopped
- 7 handfuls okra chopped horizontally
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp mango powder amchoor
- Wash the okra and make sure it is completely dry. You don't want wet okra to prevent it from getting stringy.</br></br>
- Slice the ends off.</br></br>
- Chop the okra horizontally. Set aside.</br></br>
- Chop the onions. Set aside.</br></br>
- Heat a wok/skillet on medium heat, once hot, add oil, and then add the onions.</br></br>
- Saute the onions until they are slightly golden, about 3 minutes. Stir in between.</br></br>
- Add the okra. Stir.</br></br>
- Add salt after a couple minutes. Cook the okra for 8-10 minutes stirring in between.</br></br>
- This is what you should have.</br></br>
- Now add the spices... turmeric, cumin, coriander, and red chili powder. Stir well.</br></br>
- Lower the heat to dial 2, cover with a lid and let the okra cook for another 15 minutes. Stir in between.</br></br>
- This is what you should have after 15 minutes.</br></br>
- Add mango powder. Stir. Turn off the stove.</br></br>
- Serve with roti/naan and raita.</br></br>
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Tag @honeywhatscooking on Instagram and hashtag it #honeywhatscooking.
I love seeing your creations!