As you guys know I loveeeeeeee nut butters, and Coconut Butter is definitely up there on my list. I add it to oatmeal, toast, I bake with it, and often times eat it straight out of the jar. Moderation is key!
Coconut is low in cholesterol and sodium, and it is a good source of fiber. Although coconut contains high amounts of saturated fats, not all saturated fats pose as a health problem, especially those linked with coconut.
Cinnamon helps lower blood sugar levels and can help lower bad cholesterol (LDL).
* This is a 5 Ingredient Recipe, salt is excluded.
- Trader Joe’s Organic Unsweetened Flake Coconut – 8 oz.
- Simply Organics Ground Cinnamon – 1 tsp
- Ground Ginger – ½ tsp
- Ground Nutmeg – ½ tsp
- Salt – just a pinch
- Trader Joe’s Organic Maple Syrup Grade A – 1 tbsp
- In a food processor, add coconut, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt.
- Blend for a few minutes.
- The texture will be a crumbly. Scrape down the coconut butter.
- Blend for a few more minutes and the consistency changes to a chunky texture.
- And blend again for a few more minutes until you have a creamy texture. MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT OVERBLEND else you risk having a grainy consistency rather than a creamy one.
- Add maple syrup. Just stir, no need to to blend.
- Transfer the Pumpkin Spice Coconut Butter to a jar and store for a 2-3 weeks. Do not refrigerate. Enjoy!
If you try this recipe, please leave a comment below and let me know how it turns out. Also, you can tag me on Instagram with the hashtag #honeywhatscooking.
Do you like Coconut Butter? Any particular flavors?