Pistachio Lemon Cake with Cardamom Whipped Cream... it's the perfect cake light & airy cake on a spring/summer day.
Couldn't we just have birthdays and not get older? What I love most about my birthday are the calls, text messages, and DMs from family, friends, and all of you guys. It makes me feel so loved.
The other thing I look forward to most on each birthday is celebrating with my husband. When it's 9 pm in California, and midnight in New York (he knows me too well), he'll bring out my favorite Red Velvet Cupcake with a candle on it and sing "Happy Birthday" to me. Of course, I'll make sure I have my chai ready to go.
What I've learned
Another year older! The one thing I've realized more and more in the past year is to let things flow and letting go of what no longer serves me. I no longer force things that are not meant to be. So my new mantra is to just let things flow and it'll all work out. It's like the time I reunited with my husband 10 years later, it all makes sense now, what's meant to be will be.
As much as I'd love to move back to the east coast, I don't fight it as much anymore. This time around when I returned back to California, instead of taking a week to normalize, it took me just two days. They were two long painful days, but just two days. To me, that's progress. With that said, I keep myself sane by making frequent trips back home and I'm grateful to have a supportive partner in that respect.
On a day like today, I can't say that I don't miss my family and friends. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to celebrate with all my loved ones in one place. A girl can only dream. Today, I'm toasting myself... another year older, I hope another year wiser. May I continue to learn and grow each year, and become the person I am meant to be.
It's June 14, so of course we gotta have cake! This Pistachio Lemon Cake with Cardamom Whipped Cream is a delightful treat. Truth - I actually made this cake for my husband's birthday back in February, but I'm only posting it now. This is the perfect spring summer cake that's light, airy, and delicious. Hope you guys try it!
pistachio lemon cake with cardamom whipped cream is:
Light & Airy
Perfect for Summer or Spring
How to make Pistachio Lemon Cake with Cardamom Whipped Cream
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grind the pistachios in a small blender. I used my Cuisinart 4-cup food processor.
Combine all the dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
Zest the lemon, you should have roughly 2 tsp.
Whip butter in a large bowl until creamy.
Add sugar and blend until creamed, about 5 minutes.
Then add eggs one at a time.
Now add vanilla and mix well.
Now alternate between the dry ingredients and milk starting and ending with the dry in 2 batches. Adding some flour. DO NOT OVER MIX!
Now add milk. Alternate until done. DO NOT OVER MIX.
Add lemon zest.
Optional: Add 2 drops of green food color, more if you wish. Combine.
Pour the batter into a round springform pan and into the oven for 40-45 minutes.
Once cool, dislodge cake and place it on a cake stand.
Now make the whipped cream topping. Add all the contents of the whipped cream in a large bowl.
Mix until light and fluffy, DO NOT OVER MIX otherwise you'll end up with butter.
Whipped topping is done. Top over cake and serve.
Pistachio Lemon Cake with Cardamom Whipped Cream
- Dry Ingredients
- ¾ cup pistachios, grinded
- 1 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cardamom powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Wet Ingredients
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 organic eggs
- zest of 1 lemon or 2 tsp
- optional: 2 drops green food color
- for the whipped topping
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoon powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon cardamom powder, start with ¼ teaspoon and add more if need be
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grind the pistachios in a small blender. I used my Cuisinart 4-cup food processor.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- Zest the lemon, you should have roughly 2 tsp.
- Whip butter in a large bowl until creamy.
- Add sugar and blend until creamed, about 5 minutes.
- Then add eggs one at a time.
- Now add vanilla and mix well.
- Now alternate between the dry ingredients and milk starting and ending with the dry in 2 batches. Adding some flour. DO NOT OVER MIX!
- Now add milk. Alternate until done. DO NOT OVER MIX.
- Add lemon zest.
- Add 2 drops of green food color, more if you wish. Combine.
- Pour the batter into a round 9" springform pan and into the oven for 40-45 minutes.
- Once cool, dislodge cake and place it on a cake stand.
- Now make the whipped cream topping. Add all the contents of the whipped cream in a large bowl.
- Mix until light and fluffy, DO NOT OVER MIX otherwise you'll end up with butter.
- Whipped topping is done. Top over cake and serve.
Happy birthday and looks delicious
Thanks Michelle. Hope you try it.
Happy Birthday Nisha. I can only image how hard it can be to be away from family and friends. Like you said it so beautifully "everything is meant to be". Perhaps where you are right now needs you more. Your cake looks amazing. Love pistachios!
Hi Roya. Thank you so much for your kind words. Yes, I'd like to believe that too.. that where I am now is where I'm supposed to be. Thank you again.. hope you try it. 🙂
Neha Saraiya says
Baked this cake for my husband’s bday since he loves pistachio and OMG he was blown away. Not only the flavors are great but it’s such an easy recipe to follow!???
Shruti bali says
Made this as a dessert for a holiday party and it was a hit! Delish and easy to make!
Is the springform pan supposed to be greased prior to adding batter?
HI Shal. Yes. The pan should always be greased when baking. I forgot to mention it. Will fix. THanks.