Enchilada Bean Dip
Spicy, creamy, and delicious Enchilada Bean Dip is a party favorite and a total crowd-pleaser.
Diet Vegetarian, Gluten-free
Servings: 16 servings
for enchilada bean dip
- 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic chopped
- 2 jalapeños with seeds
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 16 ounces can medium enchilada sauce I love Hatch Chile (use medium for more spice)**
- 15 ounces can organic black beans drained & rinsed
- 3 tbsp taco seasoning I used Trader Joe's brand
- 1/2 cup sour cream room temperature
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup scallions chopped
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper optional
- 2 cups mexican cheese shredded & divided 1 cup for the sauce, 3/4 - 1 cup on top
- few scallions, chopped
- few cilantro, chopped
- few black olives, sliced
Chop garlic, jalapeno, onions, and green bell pepper.
Chop the scallions and fresh cilantro.
Heat up a pan on medium heat, once hot, add oil followed by garlic and jalapenos. Cook for a minute.
Add onions and green bell pepper. Add just a tiny pinch of salt (not too much because the cheese and taco seasoning has enough salt.) Cook for 7-8 minutes until bell peppers are lightly browned.
Now add the enchilada sauce and black beans. Stir.
Add taco seasoning. Stir.
Add sour cream and cream cheese. Stir. It'll slowly become nice and creamy in a couple of minutes.
Now add cilantro and scallions. Stir.
Add 1 cup of Mexican blend cheese. Stir.
Add cayenne pepper (optional).
Transfer the dip into a baking dish - I used a 7" x 11" baking dish.
Top with 3/4 - 1 cup of cheese.
Cover with foil and bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes covered. Then bake for 5 minutes uncovered. Then broil for 1 minute.
Remove from the oven and let it sit for at least 30 minutes because the dip will be jiggly. Let it settle else you will end up with a soupy mess.
Calories: 143kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 513mg | Potassium: 157mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 621IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 123mg | Iron: 1mg