Tandoori Goat Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
Tandoori Goat Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms are the perfect holiday appetizer that's sweet, spicy, creamy, and tart.
Diet Vegetarian, Gluten-Free option
Servings: 25 pieces
for prepping stuffed mushrooms
- 10 ounces cremini/baby bella mushrooms rubbed with a paper towel, about 25 mushrooms
- 1/2 serrano chili finely chopped
- 25 mushroom stems finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 5 ounces honey goat cheese or regular goat cheese
- 1 tbsp milk
- 3 tbsp cranberry orange relish
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup scallions finely chopped
- 4 tsp tandoori masala use less if you can't handle spice
- 1 tsp parmesan cheese top over each mushroom
- 1/8 tsp panko crumbs top over each mushroom
- fresh rosemary leaves finely chopped
- fresh cilantro leaves finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp cranberry sauce top over each mushroom
Begin by cleaning the mushrooms using a damp paper towel. Remove the stem of the mushroom and set it aside.
Finely chop the mushroom stems, garlic, serrano chili, scallions, and cilantro.
Grate the parmesan cheese.
Heat a castiron skillet on medium heat, once hot, add avocado oil followed by chopped garlic and serrano chili. Cook for 30 seconds or so.
Add the mushroom stems. Season with a very little salt. Saute for 5 minutes.
Set it aside to cool.
In a medium bowl, combine the goat cheese, parmesan cheese, tandoori masala, cranberry sauce (I used Trader Joe's Cranberry Orange Relish), milk, cilantro, scallions, black pepper, and salt.
Mix well. Add the cooled mushroom-garlic mix.
Stuff the Mushrooms
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Begin to stuff the mushroom cavity with the creamy mixture - you'll need half a mini scoop - this really depends on the size of your mushroom.
Top over the mushroom and press gently.
Place the mushrooms in a castiron skillet.
Top with a little more parmesan cheese (roughly 1 tsp each mushroom) and panko crumbs (about 1/8 tsp per mushroom). Place into the oven for 25 minutes until bubbly.
Stuffed Mushrooms are done.
Calories: 36kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 73mg | Potassium: 66mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 127IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 1mg