Spinach Chutney Cheese Toastie
Vegetarian, Gluten-free option, Vegan option
A quick and easy meal - Spinach Chutney Cheese Toastie that's perfect when you're not in the mood to cook.
for the spinach mixture
- 2 cups spinach, finely chopped
- 1 cup tomato, chopped
- 1/3 cup red onion, finely chopped
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 2 slices rosemary olive bread, sourdough works too
- 1 - 1.5 tbsp Cilantro Chutney, 1 to 1.5 tbsp per toastie
- to taste chat masala, I like MDH
- 1 cup white sharp cheddar + Mexican cheese blend, grated, use 1/2 cup per toastie, gruyere, muenster work too
- jalapeno, thinly sliced, 3 slices per toastie
- to taste crushed red pepper
- to taste black pepper
Make Cilantro Chutney - the recipe is linked here.
In a large bowl, combine freshly chopped spinach, tomatoes, red onions, salt, and black pepper.
Slice jalapenos and set aside.
Grate cheese. I used a combo of sharp white cheddar and Mexican 3 cheese blend. Gruyere, Muenster, sharp yellow cheddar would all work well.
Take 2 slices of Sourdough Rosemary Olive Oil Bread - I got mine from the fresh bakery at Whole Foods. Alternatively, you may use Sourdough bread which is excellent for toasties. Top with Cilantro Chutney.
Load up the bread with spoonfuls of the spinach mix - 2 to 3 spoonfuls per toastie. Then top with Chat Masala.
Top with a generous amount of cheese ~ roughly 1/2 cup per toastie. Top with a couple of slices of jalapeno.
Bake the toastie in a toaster oven for about 5 minutes at 400 degrees. Once done, toast for a minute or two.
Done. Split in half.
for gluten-free option: use gf bread.
for vegan option: use vegan cheese.
Calories: 387kcalCarbohydrates: 43gProtein: 20gFat: 16gSaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 621mgPotassium: 506mgFiber: 4gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 3860IUVitamin C: 21mgCalcium: 378mgIron: 4mg