Baked Aloo Chaat Tostadas
Gluten-Free, Vegetarian, Healthy
Baked Aloo Chaat Tostadas with step by step pictures. A healthy spin on Aloo Papdi Chaat. Skip the unhealthy Aloo Papdi Chaat and opt for a healthy and gluten-free Baked Aloo Chaat Tostadas. All that desi chaat flavor on a tostada.
for the veggie mixture
- 1 (15 ounce) can organic chickpeas, rinsed & drained
- 3 medium russet potatoes, boiled & cubed
- 3/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp chaat masala, I like MDH
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp roasted cumin powder, (Kala Jeera)
- 1 tsp mango powder, (amchoor)
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- salt to taste
for the cilantro chutney
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 inch piece ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp red onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 Indian green chili
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- baked tostada, Gluten-Free; I like Guerrero Baked Tostadas
- 2 spoonfuls top with veggie mixture
- 1 tbsp top with yogurt*
- 1-2 tsp top with cilantro chutney
- 2 tsp top with tamarind chutney
- garnish with fresh cilantro, chopped
- sprinkle red chili powder
- sprinkle roasted cumin powder, (Kala Jeera)
Make the Veggie Mixture
Start by boiling 3 medium russet potatoes. I used my Instant Pot. Add 1 cup of water with the potatoes, 12 minutes on High Pressure, Natural Release.
To a large mixing bowl, add rinsed chickpeas. Cube the potatoes. Finely chop the onions and tomatoes. I love my new Chopper Gadget.
Add all the spices.
Mix well. Set aside.
Prepare the Cilantro Chutney
Assemble the Chaat Tostadas
Warm-up 3 tostadas in a toaster oven at 400 degrees - bake.
Top with the veggie mixture.
Top with yogurt - dilute it slightly if need be, cilantro chutney, and store-bought tamarind date chutney.
Finish it off with chopped cilantro, red chili powder, and kala jeera powder (roasted cumin powder or you can use regular cumin powder).
* for vegan option: use a dairy-free yogurt, or omit.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Serving: 1tostadaCalories: 97kcalCarbohydrates: 22gProtein: 2gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 145mgPotassium: 406mgFiber: 2gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 234IUVitamin C: 10mgCalcium: 25mgIron: 1mg